Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went window shopping to be specific at the Auto Mall in Jeddah and was stopped by the beauty of this masterpiece! To my surprise it is not modified by RUF, Hamann or Tech Art... it was locally modified (or that what I was told) at a shop called Modacars.

They claim that all you need is to bring your car with you and their designer will come up with different exterior mods options for you on his computer. And they do all the mods in house. I don't know if these are off the shelf parts or custom-made specifically for each car. If you like what you see and have the pockets for it, then you got yourself a unique piece of art. I was told the "designer" comes in the night shift, therefore I plan to revisit them tonight inshallah to see ideas for my Villainess... rest assured I am after none for her!

They don't do interior mods nor tuning... and this masterpiece of exterior body kit would cost you a bit more than 21,000 USD... IMO it took the controversial looks of the Panamera to the dimension of irresistible beauty.

PS These pics were taken with the permission of the manager using my iPhone... I am sure I couldn't give this gem its justice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry man, that thing is hideous, and I'm not talking about the Porsche hidden under all the non-functional intakes and cladding.

The Panamera is already considered to be an ugly car, (not by me, I'll admit it's grown on me quite a bit, back end could have been designed a little more artistically, but I digress) and by doing this to one, is certainly going to draw even more criticisms.

To each his own I guess, I'm all about personalization and improvements, but I certainly wouldn't pay any money to make a brand new car worth less. Besides, most Porsches are built to spec, so you can have a pretty customized car at delivery.

I think it would have been money better spent getting a two-tone custom paint job, the effect would have been the same.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The hood attachment thing not sure what to call it is a mess. The side vents look like the APC ones at Autozone I mean who allowed these mods ? Ruined that car and looks like zero functionality. I am thinking this is a joke but pics look real. If someone put this **** on my new Pan 4S I would be livid. After all these crazy body modifications they kept the stock wheels ? Seems backwards to me but I guess the rear spoiler will add some downforce just confused tho.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did anyone else notice the white mustang convertible in the background with the phantom front end conversion ? What kind of dealer is this these pics just get weirder and weirder.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hassaan, you and I normally agree on different vehicles. However, this isn't one of those times.

I think that body kit looks cheap on the Panamara. I'm probably in the minority when I say I actually like the stock look of the Panamera, but that kit ruined the car for me. The piece on the hood just looks like it's stuck on there and out of place. The entire car now looks like one of the countless Honda Civics I see around here that are over-accessorized with everything and anything that will fit on the vehicle. (Just because it CAN be added, doesn't mean it SHOULD be added.)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Did anyone else notice the white mustang convertible in the background with the phantom front end conversion ? What kind of dealer is this these pics just get weirder and weirder.
I didn't notice it until I read your post. That is definitely, uh, different?? I wonder if the front end was the only part that was modified.

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm afraid the pictures didn't give the car justice but it really looked nice by all means! I saw the body kit gave the car a very sporty look.

But from the responses I see nobody loved them at all. So I rest my case.

As for you Flea, I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer. I am suing you to pay the bills of my shrink :(

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Hassaan, I have to agree with the others. That is just not my cup of tea.

That mustang is just plain odd, and for me these are kind of like the middle east version of the US civics......money doesn't mean taste, and I've seen some awesome cars ruined here and in KSA.

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hassaan, I have to agree with the others. That is just not my cup of tea.

That mustang is just plain odd, and for me these are kind of like the middle east version of the US civics......money doesn't mean taste, and I've seen some awesome cars ruined here and in KSA.
Et tu, Brute? :eek:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm afraid the pictures didn't give the car justice but it really looked nice by all means! I saw the body kit gave the car a very sporty look.

But from the responses I see nobody loved them at all. So I rest my case.

As for you Flea, I'll have my lawyer call your lawyer. I am suing you to pay the bills of my shrink :(
:hilarious:

I don't think you need a shrink. Well, unless you let that company screw up the exterior of your car. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
You know...

you could submit your pictures to AutoBlog or Jalopnik, they love to post stuff like this. Make sure to point out the Mustang with the nose job and I bet they'll go nuts.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Funny, upon reading the OP i was ready to bet Hassaan he would get a universally negative response to this. I see from reading on that I wouldn't of come away from that bet unhappy.

Seriously though, can anyone explain why an otherwise rational and seemingly sane person would describe this as anything other than sh**e.

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the habit of getting excited for something but then the 2nd time I see it (or try it) I find out I was wrong and taken by the moment. Last night I drove back again to Modacar and saw that Panamera out of the glass...

And guess what?

I stick to what I wrote. Maybe the pictures doesn't give it justice but it is really stunning.

God help me...

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I think that the body modifications are a great looking addition to the panamera. As Hassan has stated and as experienced by me and some of you, pictures do not always do something justice......Can i now visit Planet nine you-tube? P.S Flea just agree or Hassan will start thinking that those tricked out big winged Honda's are hot and i'am afraid that therapy or electric shock treatments will not bring him back......

·
Registered
565 Posts
I think that the body modifications are a great looking addition to the panamera. As Hassan has stated and as experienced by me and some of you, pictures do not always do something justice......Can i now visit Planet nine you-tube? P.S Flea just agree or Hassan will start thinking that those tricked out big winged Honda's are hot and i'am afraid that therapy or electric shock treatments will not bring him back......
:hilarious:

I would, but I have to draw the line somewhere. And wherever I draw that line, that Panamera crossed it. :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have the habit of getting excited for something but then the 2nd time I see it (or try it) I find out I was wrong and taken by the moment. Last night I drove back again to Modacar and saw that Panamera out of the glass...

And guess what?

I stick to what I wrote. Maybe the pictures doesn't give it justice but it is really stunning.

God help me...
I agree, 'cause it looks like your shrink isn't. :crazy: ;) :hilarious:

·
Vendor
2,467 Posts
Is it April 1st?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts