Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to wrap my daahboard and door panels with Alcantara. Does anyone know what's the color code for the OEM bits on steering wheel etc? Or where can I buy the fabric that matches the color?

Dashboard and door panels are pretty large patches of real estate that I would want colors to match well. I have seen some other replicas (Ultrasuede) and they end up looking like green under low light conditions ....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Here's a company that I had contacted at one time about Alcantara. On this page is a link to the color chart. Color 9002 is the Porsche grey.
Gulf Fabrics Home Page, Alcanta

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S PDK
39 Posts
I did my headliner in my Cayenne. Turns out there are 3 blacks that you can get. We are talking real alcantara.
You may want to get a sample so you get the right color. I had my upholstery guy order it for me. I think the rate is $115/yard.
It's been 2 years so a lot can change.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I will ask for 9002 color code's sample and maybe contact Gulf as well.

I have sent iverson813 a PM regarding the code. That certainly looks like a closer match than what I have seen locally with replica brands. I would much prefer to stick to real Alcantara brand. But I'm not very sure if iverson813's color would match the OEM Porsche's Alcantara color either, as his wrap looks quite a bit darker on pics than other Alcantara colors. Generally speaking Alcantara looks lighter in pics than in person.

As background info ... given that my car already has OEM Alcantara on shift knob + steering wheel + rear center console lid ... I'm trying to find something that would match closer to those. Obviously I could re-warp those if it turns out the OEM Porsche is a custom Alcantara that can't be matched (relatively closely) using existing color codes. I have live with a bit of mis-match, but would prefer not to go too far off.

Anyway, thanks for input guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts