Thinking about.
Talking about.
Writing about.
Reading about.
Working about.
Cleaning about.
Driving about.

Oh most inportant, Dreaming about!

The Cayman/Boxster/Porsche in your life?

I know it sounds funny but I'm 28 months into ownership and I'm a...

35%

Think of it like a sleep number!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
25% for me on the Porsche.25% on my motorcycles and 25% on my Corvette and mustang and Buick etc etc etc Oh and 15% on my Jeep.The other 10% is spent in therapy talking about the 90% of myself that i invest in my passionate hystery.Whats left is an empty shell that my wife and son get too live with.Godbless em...:beer::beer::helpme::beer:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm30% and I never heard of a Cayman until one months 9 days ago. Was shopping for an Acura MDX. Did a search to see how much a Cayenne cost as a comparison to MDX. Was clicking through Autotrader and accidentally chose Cayman instead of Cayenne. Fell in love at first sight. Became obsessive with my new found love (not as lovely as my wife who might be reading this) and discovered this website. Found out that there are other obsessive compulsive disorder like myself.

Now I just need to figure how to tow my camping trailer with the Cayman. :hilarious:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bionic is trolling tonight... :dance:

But back on topic...Far too much. I haven't found my cayman yet, so it weighs heavily on my mind. Probably a good 40%.

·
Kestrel Racing
578 Posts
Over 8 hours a day? You're kidding, right?

I hope that was meant in jest...
Bionic is trolling tonight...
I hope you guys are kidding. You spend 35% or more of your life doing anything (thinking, dreaming, driving, etc.) with your Cayman? Really? 8+ hours each and every day on "Cayman/Porsche stuff"? Assuming you spend 25% (6 hours) of your day sleeping, you are then saying that you only spend 40% or less of your time on all the other aspects of your life?

I really, really enjoy my Cayman but I think bionichicken is right. Unless you are a Porsche salesperson or mechanic (so you do spend most of your working life thinking, talking, caressing, whatever Porsche), if you are spending anything more than 10% of your life on your car (that's still well over 2 hours every day!), you definitely need to get a life.

Well, I guess if you have a 4 hour commute to work each way... ;)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Re: Over 8 hours a day? You're kidding, right?

I hope you guys are kidding. You spend 35% or more of your life doing anything (thinking, dreaming, driving, etc.) with your Cayman? Really? 8+ hours each and every day on "Cayman/Porsche stuff"? Assuming you spend 25% (6 hours) of your day sleeping, you are then saying that you only spend 40% or less of your time on all the other aspects of your life?

I really, really enjoy my Cayman but I think bionichicken is right. Unless you are a Porsche salesperson or mechanic (so you do spend most of your working life thinking, talking, caressing, whatever Porsche), if you are spending anything more than 10% of your life on your car (that's still well over 2 hours every day!), you definitely need to get a life.

You really need to learn multitasking :hilarious:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Kestrel,

Up at 4:30 am and writing about Cayman content?

I guess "I" should really put more thought into the silly post. It is more of a feels like 35%......didn't think...oh bout 8.4 hours per day!

I will correct myself in that I drive to and from daily @ 1.0 hr per day

I like to go to lunch sometimes just to get out of the office, the Cayman is sometimes used as an escape, that is good for 1.0 per day!

I like watching car related show/movie content about 1.0 per day.

I am on Planet-9 about 1.0 per day.

I could go on and on about how much time is spent, working for all the things in my life that make Porsche ownership possible.

I do hope you get the point of this thread. It was more of a percentage of free time question.....Sorry I should have been more OCD. Sometimes the truth hurts, so fess up with your %. Oh and its ok to shoot low if it makes you feel better about your life!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts

Kestrel Whoa there who said anything about carressing my car/s.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts