Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Member of the waiters club, THINK my CS is on a boat on the way over, was wondering what the tires will be?

Does the factory do runs, like ok, take in 1000 Dunlops one month, then Mich., then Pirelli, or ? is there a method, or how random is it ?

Can you post what brand u received and where you took delivery of an ordered car?

thanks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I picked up my 2014 CS in May of 2014 and it came with Pirelli P-Zeros....I've enjoyed them very much. Very sticky (in the summer.)

·
Registered
848 Posts
We took delivery (of a 2015) in August last year, we got PZeros.

As OEM tires go, they work pretty well. They're good enough for a couple of track days so far, but I think they're a little slower (and a little more comfortable) than full on extreme summer tires (like the Dunlop ZII we use otherwise).

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Random. Even lower production vehicles like the 458 got random tires too. Financial analysts claim this helps to keep tire manufactures on their toes in terms of price competitiveness, whereas some argue this allows car manufacturers to not have to work with tire manufacturers in terms of waiting/getting batches of tires.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My GTS (Stuttgart build) arrived 1 month ago with Pirellis. Not much experience with them yet but they sound louder during cornering than my previous experience with Michelins.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
My '15 CS came with P Zeros. They are sticky, pick up everything off the street and fling'm into my wheel wells. I've never heard so much commotion in previous cars with summer tires but it comes with the territory of sticky rubbers. I will add, the P Zeros seem to be a bit prone to tramlining though.

Next set will be Michelin PSS.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
My GTS just confirmed with VIN, etc. and Tyre Brand: "Pire"... which I presume to be P-zero's..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts