Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

The 981 colour I bought or have ordered.

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would be interesting to get an indication of the colours members have chosen for their 981s.

See what is the most popular colours, see what no one is ordering.

There is a poll choice added for those that do not own or are not in waiting for their cars. Its here for those OCD type that have to have a button to press. :)

For non 981 owners or waiters please use this option so you do not skew the results with a "this is what I would order"

Reactions: dmstone7

·
Registered
255 Posts
i was torn between amaranth red and platinum silver. had not seen the red on a car, just paint sample. silver is always a safe Porsche color. But my wife wanted dark blue, and that was fine with me. the dark blue is closer to a Prussian blue, with hints of violet and green.

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
There's a lot of choices and honestly, I don't feel any of the look bad on a 981. Certain colors on certain cars simply don't look good but the 981 IMO looks great in any color.... perhaps because it's such a damn sexy BlTCH of a car.

Having said that, I personally went with guards red because it's just so classic. Sports cars in red just look great and years from now, that color will never get old. It's hot, it's classic and a ticket magnet...lol.

For all the rest of you that chose the slower colors, I understand, they still look good, just slower. :taunt:

Mark

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I originally saw a Agate gray over the gray and pebble interior. The interior is 2 tone and absolutley gorgeous. The seats are almost white, which I thought looked incredible. My wife however saw the brown dash and picked up on the brown highlights of the Agate Gray exterior and it was all over. She didn't want to drive a brown Porsche so she said. And, believe it or not, light colored interiors are almost impossible to sell in alot of cars. BMW's and Audi's sit on the lot waiting for that one individual (like me) that likes a light colored interior. So, I played it safe and ended up with a black/black Boxster. Maybe a little harder to keep clean, but definetely easier to sell when that times comes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I went for white with black interior, rollover bars painted to match. I like the black interior because it blends with the instruments and the white because a white Porsche's won't scream "look at me" as much (I hope).

·
Registered
672 Posts
Can we "sticky" this to the top so we can keep a running total as new cars and orders come on? Also, its interesting to see how many 981s are actually represented on this board. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some really interesting statistics here. To date!

58 members with 981s roughly $4M worth of sales. This I would think represents a reasonable good lobby group to get some things done. Like fixing the fob roof operation bug.

On the colours it looks like a clear preference for neutrals. Maybe why the dealer delivery cars are predominately neutral. With:

11 White.
10 Black. (Aggregated)
9 Silver. (Aggregated)
8 Red. (Aggregated)
7 Blue. (Aggregated)
5 Yellow and 5 Agate grey

With some one off single choices.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

And if anyone buys a Cognac. Who will be the first?

Wasn't Lime Gold and Cognac the launch colours?

And I wonder how many of the Whites have Carrera Red interiors?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the count is up to 63 981s

And the has been a slight shuffle of favourites.

White is streaming ahead and yellow has dropped to the bottom of the table (Bar the one offs) Sorry Mike.;) by the Agates.

13 White.
10 Black. (Aggregated)
10 Silver. (Aggregated)
9 Red. (Aggregated)
8 Blue. (Aggregated)
6 Agate grey
5 Yellow

A few 1 offs still and no Cognac

:cheers:

Brian

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
White is streaming ahead and yellow has dropped to the bottom of the table (Bar the one offs) Sorry Mike.;) by the Agates.
Well, I don't mind having a rarer color ;). Funny though that my local dealer currently has 3 yellow ones in the system (not mine yet). Although I think they are all customer ordered (one was customer ordered but then the customer decided he did not want it).

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Speaking of colors. Someone got a yellow one with red interior and yellow SC clock and yellow painted key... I think the roof is still black though.

My son would approve ;) but I prefer the black with yellow stitching.

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
Speaking of colors. Someone got a yellow one with red interior and yellow SC clock and yellow painted key... I think the roof is still black though.

My son would approve ;) but I prefer the black with yellow stitching.

The yellow with the black interior and yellow stitching is HOT!

The yellow with red interior is FUGLY!

Where's the pukie smilie?

Mark

1 - 20 of 318 Posts