Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

The 981 colour I bought or have ordered.

261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sapphire blue all the way

·
Registered
5,480 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered racing yellow. I like the guards red on a convertible, but Im getting a CS. I thought the platinum silver on the CS was elegant & sedate. Came real close to getting it. However, it seems like half the cars on the road now are silver, as is my Subaru Legacy wagon (which I'm keeping). I was buying a sports car, so opted for an in your face screaming yellow.

·
Registered
378 Posts
thought racing yellow would top it off..........I was wrong.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I would have chosen Maritime Blue had the PTS option have been available before my GTS order was locked down. However, I am more than happy with Rhodium Silver!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I chose GT Silver with gloss black exterior package and gloss black wheels for my Boxster GTS. Could not be happier with my choice.

I would have chosen Maritime Blue had the PTS option have been available before my GTS order was locked down. However, I am more than happy with Rhodium Silver!

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I'm getting ready to order with RACING YELLOW.... my wife says I'm nuts, one sales associate says i won't like it in 4 years...

So... all you SpeedYellow/Racing Yellow guys out there ..... how many of you are tired of the color. I'm 67yr and I want to be a bit weird --- and in 10 years, I can still see me in a Racing Yellow Porsche zipping down the road -- with folks saying ... WOW, look at that old coot, he still is having FUN!...
Am I crazy or what ??
D

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
If you like it now, I can't imagine why you wouldn't still like it 4 years from now. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm getting ready to order with RACING YELLOW.... my wife says I'm nuts, one sales associate says i won't like it in 4 years...

So... all you SpeedYellow/Racing Yellow guys out there ..... how many of you are tired of the color. I'm 67yr and I want to be a bit weird --- and in 10 years, I can still see me in a Racing Yellow Porsche zipping down the road -- with folks saying ... WOW, look at that old coot, he still is having FUN!...
Am I crazy or what ??
D
You are not crazy! Go for it!
One of my favorite colors!-****

·
Registered
5,480 Posts

Am I crazy or what ??
D
My previous 2 Boxsters were Speed Yellow, I would do it again as long as I got the mirrors, intakes and rear facia painted to match.

It is not for those who like to blend in, but according to your comment that wasn't the plan anyway!

·
Registered
378 Posts
For the reference for those who are still not decided. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415576080.173071.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415576129.417525.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415576219.386222.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415576247.933150.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415576311.364087.jpg

Racing yellow : great color.

Pros : stands out (Very noticeable) , no additional cost

Cons : bugs love the color (at standstill or parked) from mosquitos to dragon flies land on the car and wont fly off.

Red top : people rave about it. I would rather get the novelty color. Black top is so orthodontic

Silver rollbar : body color rollbar is little bit too much. And yellow and ligr grey are meant to be together.

Guards red seatbelt : wow!!! What can I say.

Luxor interior : I ve always a big fan of beige. I wish we could choose 2 tone with no addutional cost as in the US.

19" wheels. Looks more sohisticated and easier to clean.

And proud to be the one and only with this option!!! Yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415576819.585560.jpg

Reactions: BJR and Westcoaster

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I ordered racing yellow. I like the guards red on a convertible, but Im getting a CS. I thought the platinum silver on the CS was elegant & sedate. Came real close to getting it. However, it seems like half the cars on the road now are silver, as is my Subaru Legacy wagon (which I'm keeping). I was buying a sports car, so opted for an in your face screaming yellow.
My thoughts exactly! ---- Every other car on the road is some shade of silver

I was also concerned with the Guards Red fading over time. And my wife's 12 year old Nissan Pick-up in "Solar Yellow" looks like the day we brought it home!

·
Registered
378 Posts

Am I crazy or what ??
D
Crazy world~ crazy folks~ just kidding.

I can strongly assure you that racing yellow goes more than perfectly with the red top! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416921772.278798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finalised my order yesterday. Yellow cayman with Agate/Orange full leather interior and a number of small leather bits + brushed alu.

261 - 280 of 318 Posts