Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

The 981 colour I bought or have ordered.

281 - 300 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
This thread will need updating. Anthracite Brown is no longer available as of the changeover to 2016 models.

As it is, I snuck my 2015 order in and got it, with the Agate Grey/Amber Orange interior. :cool:

Reactions: masti99

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
^^ That should be a nice combination... I will watch for it.

Reactions: Spectre

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
This thread will need updating. Anthracite Brown is no longer available as of the changeover to 2016 models.

As it is, I snuck my 2015 order in and got it, with the Agate Grey/Amber Orange interior. :cool:
Thanks... updated

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mexico Blue Cayman GTS on order!
Have only seen a post/picture of one other CGTS and Mex Blue (I'm sure there are others)
I have not told my wife yet...

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Mexico Blue Cayman GTS on order!
Have only seen a post/picture of one other CGTS and Mex Blue (I'm sure there are others)
I have not told my wife yet...
Oh, oh, some wives don't like surprises! :hilarious:

So what was the cost and extra delay for this colour, doesn't have to wait until the end of the model year to be built...?

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
476 Posts
Oh, oh, some wives don't like surprises! :hilarious:

So what was the cost and extra delay for this colour, doesn't have to wait until the end of the model year to be built...?
Wife cares nothing for my 'hobby' - all we agreed on was a cost per month. I told her that I put money down yesterday - she did not even ask what kind of car, just wanted to confirm the agreed $ per month! haha.
I do not yet have build info, dealer said that they have a June build slot and a PTS slot - I should know more in the next day or two. Appears that PTS can be turned around a bit more quickly than in the past....that's just the impression I am getting - was expecting a horror story in terms of delay.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Interesting arrangement.

What is the cost of PTS?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Interesting arrangement.

What is the cost of PTS?
$5,500 and wait time is the cost for a little exclusivity. I dropped backup camera and CDR+ for this.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
$5,500 and wait time is the cost for a little exclusivity. I dropped backup camera and CDR+ for this.
It is a very nice colour, and as you mention a bit more exclusive. I have had a few ideas for colours, some used in the past on other Porsches, and some found outside the marque. If I do order another Boxster (waiting to see what the Spyder looks like), I may just consider this option. Unfortunately for me in Canada the cost is around $7500 but it is not even coming up on the configurator.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm getting ready to order with RACING YELLOW.... my wife says I'm nuts, one sales associate says i won't like it in 4 years...

So... all you SpeedYellow/Racing Yellow guys out there ..... how many of you are tired of the color. I'm 67yr and I want to be a bit weird --- and in 10 years, I can still see me in a Racing Yellow Porsche zipping down the road -- with folks saying ... WOW, look at that old coot, he still is having FUN!...
Am I crazy or what ??
D
You are not crazy - I went for Racing Yellow with satin black wheels - you're only young once :)

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
Light (Birch) Green (code 253) ordered today! GTS interior, GTS package. I haven't seen a Cayman in this color yet, but have seen several GT3s. May try on emulate the little checker-flag along the bottom (like this GT3RS).
gt3rs-green.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 Sapphire Blue Metallic GTS, black interior, 18 way sport plus adaptive seats, premium package plus, dynamic light system, reversing camera, PTV, PDK, Sport steering wheel, Carbon Fiber trim, Carbon fiber illuminated door sills, Boze surround sound, 20" Carrera Wheel platinum Satin, red seat belts, red chronograph clock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm about to order my first and probably last Porsche (62 yrs.) and am thinking an old school color for my Cayman - Irish Green, I think from the 70's. Opinions on best interior color would be welcomed.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
I'm about to order my first and probably last Porsche (62 yrs.) and am thinking an old school color for my Cayman - Irish Green, I think from the 70's. Opinions on best interior color would be welcomed.
Welcome, and good luck on the colour choices, there are so many that go with Green for the interior... lack will work of course, as will beige I suppose. It depens more on what you like, I suggest that you try and look at any suggestions in person, initially they may seem desirable but in your case you plan to keep it much longer!

·
Registered
65 Posts
You won't be able to order a 981.1 in a PTS color- the window closed in early July. If you wait for a 981.2 if and when they open up PTS, I would also look at Brewster Green. A little darker and more subtle than Irish, but also steeped in tradition as it was formerly a Porsche family reserve color until the 991 Club Coupes (.1). I tried to get my TT painted Brewster, but ended up ordering Anthracite as the process was taking too long for me.
Interior = Espresso natural leather.

·
Banned
304 Posts
For my 2015 CS, I ordered GT Silver with Garnet Red interior (natural leather). I also ordered the leather options so that there isn't that silver plastic trim running along the dash and doors, or around the console. I think that was a huge upgrade in how it looks.

I've always been a black-leather-interior type of guy, but my wife suggested the red. She was right. It's stunning, and everyone who's seen it has given it compliments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: masti99

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rhodium silver for my CS, for the following reasons:

(1) Lighter colors (ie, silver, white, yellow) are safer colors, as they stand out (more visible) better from the dark pavement/background. That's just fact, not opinion. That's one reason why all school buses are yellow.

(2) Resale. You may not think silver is flashy/sexy, but it's a color that the vast majority of people still like, or tolerate. Some colors simply turn me off. I might buy a car with a color that I wasn't in love with, but I would never buy a car with a color I simply hated. .

(3) As mentioned to me by several of my friends who are longtime Porsche fanatics, and track their Porsche's....silver is THE classic Porsche color that withstands the test of time. It will never go out of date, or be discontinued.

(4) Doesn't show dirt like darker colors. When I was younger, I would only have black cars. Nothing better looking than black, and especially after a rain. But now, the thought of having to perform regular washes to keep it looking sharp, is not on my list of things to do on the weekend. Oh, and I will only wash my own car. No car wash place for me.

(5) I like the way the silver brings out the black air scoop. In black, or darker colors, it tends to simply blend in....and for me, it is the air scoop which makes the Cayman stand out from most of the other Porsche clones. It's different, and gives it that race car look...after all, mid-engine cars rock

·
Registered
262 Posts
I bought my BGTS in May. I ordered Rhodium Silver with Garnet Red interior. I wasn't quite sure if I should have ordered GT Silver...just looking for a classic combo. I am very happy with Rhodium. The main reason I chose Rhodium was because I wanted the slightly lighter shade. I really like the combo of my car. I just stored it last week. I put 1800 miles on it this year. :)

11800253_10153486705893838_3063776111800095521_n.jpg boxster2.jpg gts10.jpg gts5.jpg 11694820_10153486705773838_994730053407014607_n.jpg

281 - 300 of 318 Posts