Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

The 981 colour I bought or have ordered.

301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my BGTS in May. I ordered Rhodium Silver with Garnet Red interior. I wasn't quite sure if I should have ordered GT Silver...just looking for a classic combo. I am very happy with Rhodium. The main reason I chose Rhodium was because I wanted the slightly lighter shade. I really like the combo of my car. I just stored it last week. I put 1800 miles on it this year. :)

View attachment 65550 View attachment 65551 View attachment 65552 View attachment 65553 View attachment 65554

While I might be biased, I think you chose wisely. It's a classic Porsche color that will never go out of fashion. Beautiful looking car. Great combo.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I ordered dark Blue Metallic with Espresso leather interior. I've always liked navy, the first new car I got was navy (1965 Chevelle SS w/ slate grey/gunmetal interior), and my first Porsche was navy. I debated between that and the Sapphire blue, but navy won out. I really love a blue car with brown interior, and I would have gotten Espresso/Cognac if it were available, but it's not now, nor is deviated stitching except as part of the $3600 interior package. I think I'll like it when it gets here.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
I ordered dark Blue Metallic with Espresso leather interior. I've always liked navy, the first new car I got was navy (1965 Chevelle SS w/ slate grey/gunmetal interior), and my first Porsche was navy. I debated between that and the Sapphire blue, but navy won out. I really love a blue car with brown interior, and I would have gotten Espresso/Cognac if it were available, but it's not now, nor is deviated stitching except as part of the $3600 interior package. I think I'll like it when it gets here.
^^ Should look awesome, don't forget the pictures!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
GTS front.jpg GTS rear.jpg GTS side.jpg

I was just looking at the Porsche Configurator and Dark Metallic Blue is NLA. Seems they are trimming several colors and options as time runs out on the 981. Better get 'em while you can!

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
View attachment 67730 View attachment 67731 View attachment 67732

I was just looking at the Porsche Configurator and Dark Metallic Blue is NLA. Seems they are trimming several colors and options as time runs out on the 981. Better get 'em while you can!
Very nice and the same colour as my car, in fact our Macan too! BTW, options are quite regional in nature, DBM is still available on the Canadian configurator for the 981 but interestingly not for the Macan...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just picked up my slightly used Lime Gold with 8500 miles a couple weeks ago. I knew it was a rare color and a sharp contrast from all my previously black cars, and looking at this poll, confirms how rare. I have the Agate grey with Lime Gold leather interior and I'm really liking it so far. So much easier to keep clean than my Basalt Black 987 and other black cars were.

I prefer how it looks only gold in direct sunlight and am not as big of fan of the lime tint that I call alien green that shows up when shaded or in the garage. I think the interior pieces matching the exterior adds some interest on the inside. I also like that it was one of the color combos used in the promotional materials for the 981.

Even though I recognize the color is polorizing, I feel that it's rarity could result in a higher value years from now when 981s are classics.

I just love great driving cars of all colors and am happy to once again own a Porsche product.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Just picked up my slightly used Lime Gold with 8500 miles a couple weeks ago. I knew it was a rare color and a sharp contrast from all my previously black cars, and looking at this poll, confirms how rare. I have the Agate grey with Lime Gold leather interior and I'm really liking it so far. So much easier to keep clean than my Basalt Black 987 and other black cars were.

I prefer how it looks only gold in direct sunlight and am not as big of fan of the lime tint that I call alien green that shows up when shaded or in the garage. I think the interior pieces matching the exterior adds some interest on the inside. I also like that it was one of the color combos used in the promotional materials for the 981.

Even though I recognize the color is polorizing, I feel that it's rarity could result in a higher value years from now when 981s are classics.

I just love great driving cars of all colors and am happy to once again own a Porsche product.
Cool choice, a bit brave too but then you knew that going in! One day I hope to see it up close, although there is 1 in these pats I have only seen it driving by, too short a view to get a good look.

Colour is certainly a big part of these cars, unusual ones IMHO are even better, not for everybody but I would rather be unique then follow the crowd. As for Lime Gold, yes today that would be a great colour here, the pollen is falling like rain and dark colours are yellowish no matter what they came into the world as! :hilarious:

·
Registered
736 Posts

Congrats on the beautiful Porsche. I was really tempted to go Lime Gold inside and out when I bought in 2015, but that was a bridge too far for my wife. Still, I think it's a lovely colour.

I demand pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure I couldn't take a full leather Lime Gold interior, but the Agate Grey/Lime Gold combo is just right to perk up an otherwise monochromatic interior and bring a little of the outside in.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure I couldn't take a full leather Lime Gold interior, but the Agate Grey/Lime Gold combo is just right to perk up an otherwise monochromatic interior and bring a little of the outside in.
I should have clarified when I mentioned Lime Gold inside/out, I meant the Lime Gold/Agate Grey interior option. A Lime Gold-only interior would be too much.... which I suspect is why Porsche never offered that up. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
2015 Cayman GTS in Guards Red and charcoal alcantara/black leather interior. Wish the previous owner had done the red stitching though.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
2015 Cayman GTS in Guards Red and charcoal alcantara/black leather interior. Wish the previous owner had done the red stitching though.
So does it have the Communications Package interior but with silver stitching or was the interior spiced up by opting for Alcantara?

·
Registered
23 Posts
In 5 days i am getting my second hand 2013 981c. I was looking for any of the two metalic blacks options.

Basalt Black Metallic with agate gray pebble grey interior (980 option).

·
Registered
Sapphire Met Blue 2015 Porsche Cayman Base, PDK, 20" Carrera whls, Bose, Prem Pkg, 14 wy Sprt Sts
18 Posts
I debated between a 2014 dark (Navy) blue Cayman S....or a 2015 sapphire metallic blue Cayman. Chose the latter and have been delighted ever since; people have stopped me to rave about the color. Sapphire blue is no longer available on the Boxter/Cayman but my dealer told me for only $13,000 you can order it as a custom color.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
That's one of the many things that irks me with Porsche. One year a color is a $700 option, the next its 3000, and then they remove it and expect to pay an insane price for it.

301 - 318 of 318 Posts