Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

5901 - 5917 of 5917 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
How is the lettering adhered to the car? 3M tape only or are there any holes under? Asking because I may want to rebadge. Will fishline work? Thanks.
No holes, only double sided tape for these letters... I used dental floss and perhaps a little heat or let it sit in the sun to warm up first.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,731 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the OP used Plasti-Dip to change the finish. But dental floss works, followed by Goo Gone (or similar solvent) to remove any glue residue. Wash, polish, and wax, and you're done!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Engaged SPORT mode for the first time...unfortunately I didn't break 60 :( Hard to get the OIL temp off of blue in my short drive to work :( :(

Tomorrow I'm getting the windows tinted and PPF on the doors, mirrors and door handles. Front of the car already had PPF when I bought it.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Got mine re-sprayed in ‘Nardo Grey’ ❤ not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I love it 🥰
View attachment 266529
Awesome colour, if it were available for my next car (without going PTS), it would be my first choice!

Curious, what was it before?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Speed yellow! Big change View attachment 266551
Wow, now that is a big change! You have gone stealth with the Nardo Grey, the colour looks a lot lighter in that picture too. It must have been expensive to change from yellow, did they strip the car to paint the sills, under hood etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, now that is a big change! You have gone stealth with the Nardo Grey, the colour looks a lot lighter in that picture too. It must have been expensive to change from yellow, did they strip the car to paint the sills, under hood etc?
the second pic is totally unedited, the grey looks so different in different light-much more than any other colour car I’ve owned.
Wasn’t that much more than a quality wrap however I did a deal with my paint shop also kinda a ‘mates rates’/ marketing tool for him also.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
the second pic is totally unedited, the grey looks so different in different light-much more than any other colour car I’ve owned.
Wasn’t that much more than a quality wrap however I did a deal with my paint shop also kinda a ‘mates rates’/ marketing tool for him also. View attachment 266552
I applaud that you went to the extra effort to do the colour change right, nothing worse then opening a door or truck lid and seeing a completely different colour! Grey has always been a favorite of mine but so far no car I have owned has been available in anything close to it, to take yellow one and make it grey, hats off!

So now I am waiting on a new Spyder, Nardo Grey is not available so the closest I can go for is Crayon (Chalk here), I have had two Speed Yellow Boxsters and even considered it this time around but want a change, Crayon also looks darker in the shade or at night but like your two photo's really brightens up in the full daylight. I will now have to find a picture of Nardo Grey along side Crayon...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I applaud that you went to the extra effort to do the colour change right, nothing worse then opening a door or truck lid and seeing a completely different colour! Grey has always been a favorite of mine but so far no car I have owned has been available in anything close to it, to take yellow one and make it grey, hats off!

So now I am waiting on a new Spyder, Nardo Grey is not available so the closest I can go for is Crayon (Chalk here), I have had two Speed Yellow Boxsters and even considered it this time around but want a change, Crayon also looks darker in the shade or at night but like your two photo's really brightens up in the full daylight. I will now have to find a picture of Nardo Grey along side Crayon...
I absolutely LOVE the Porsche crayon!! It was in the short list!
I guess I just wanted to go a non-Porsche colour..just because I’ve changed so much of it (sorry to any major Porsche purists out there) from Techart spoilers and lip, bilstein coilovers, soul performance race headers, Hydra motorworks tune felt I needed to keep up the trend 😂
The new spyder?? Omg ❤❤❤❤❤

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got mine re-sprayed in ‘Nardo Grey’ ❤ not going to be everyone’s cup of tea but I love it 🥰
View attachment 266529
I like yellow, but would never own that color. Silver/grey is probably my favorite and your car looks fantastic!
Any more info on the rear wing? I like the GT4 style wing, but I've heard there are issues mounting to the rear deck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not exactly today but the past weeks I did the following after picking up my MY14 Cayman S with PDK

• Retrofitted sport plus mode by new panel switch and reprogramming PCM unit and combiinstrument with PIWIS 2. Now I have in Sport plus mode Launch control, throttle blip and G-force on display without the ugly sport Chrono thing on the dash. Not working is starting sport Chrono on PCM but who cares.
  • Since I have the multifunction steering wheel, added Techart paddle shifters. It works fine but since the old pull/ push sliding switch is used you must pull at center of Techart paddle flipper. So this will be out later and I get the Sport design steering wheel.
  • Connected a plug for Cteck battery tender between battery plus pole and ground point on car
  • Softronic tune with the pops and bangs (I did this same day of getting the car so no reference point how it was before but car pulls great through all the gears and in launch control mode
  • Full paint correction (minor stone chips) and detailing polishing and wax.
Next is headers with 200 cell cats, Sport design steering wheel and PSE

View attachment 265604

View attachment 265605

View attachment 265606
Rob997, what you did was amazing and something I've wondered if was possible. Can you share more details on enabling Sport+ and would a Porsche dealer perform that work or strictly an independent? Thanks for anything you can share as I'd like to do the same thing. I have a 981 base.

·
Registered
35 Posts
View attachment 266529
Okay .... I'm in LOVE.... looks AWESOME!!! I've got an Agate Grey but now want this ... do you mind saying how much it was?

Also have you got an extra splitter on the front? if so what is it?

Got a closeup of the black badge?

5901 - 5917 of 5917 Posts