Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

5981 - 5993 of 5993 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Took advantage of the perfect spring like weather in the North east today and did about 300 miles on the back roads of Pennsylvania.

The highlights of the day were “ Pennsylvania’s Tail of the Dragon “ - Route 125 from Jonestown, PA to Shamokin, PA.

Union Chapel to Shamokin

Then I started to wandered towards home and hit the Weatherly Hill Climb route. The hill climb course is only a mile but theres some extremely challenging turns on it.

Weatherly

Route 125 near Shamokin PA

Route 125 Shamokin

Route 125

Weatherly Hill Climb. I took this picture when I was there last June.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Gave her a good wash after a year of storage (less 1 week in the middle). Changed the oil too and decided to use something different (used Mobil 1 and Liqui Moly in the past)

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 981 base Cayman and am thinking of replacing my stock 19" rims with 20" Carrera S rims.

Do you guys think it is worth it? Does the 20" make your ride significantly more uncomfortable?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 981 base Cayman and am thinking of replacing my stock 19" rims with 20" Carrera S rims.

Do you guys think it is worth it? Does the 20" make your ride significantly more uncomfortable?

Thanks.
I had 20" Carrera S wheels on my last two Boxsters, never really minded the comfort level and although I think there will be a slight change coming from 19" IMHO it is livable. The biggest difference I noticed was between the 18" winter set and the 20" summer, that was night and day!

It is a given that the 20" wheel/tire combo is a rougher ride, I think it is up to the individual as to what they find acceptable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Today I did nothing my cayman, same as last few days and the next 3 months as it's stuck in the dealership as had to get alarm fixed and now it's lockdown and I can't get it ... I guess I wouldn't reeally be able to drive it anyway so it's not the end of the world! still sucks tho!!

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Yes bigger wheel is worse ride; it's the sidewall that makes for a better ride. Change from a 35 to a 45 and it will ride better but perform worst for DE AX.
Also biggest different is run-flat to non run-flats then you will really feel a nicer ride even with the same bias.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Ring door bell camera ?
Who did the pics; very nice.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ring door bell camera ?
Who did the pics; very nice.
GoPro with dead kitten mic cover to cut down on the wind noise.

Photography by Killboy and US129 Xtreme.

5981 - 5993 of 5993 Posts