Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6041 - 6060 of 6083 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was the Porsche brand top protectant a kit with the cleaner? What process did you use as I'm looking to do my top soon and haven't decided which product to use.
The Porsche waterproofer was a stand alone product. Haven´t seen them in a bundle either.
I am kinda semi-pro detailer so I usually stick to a few favorite brands like Koch Chemie, Gtechniq etc. but wanted to try this for the roof on the Boxster.

Cleaned the top with Chemical Guys Green Clean (all purpose cleaner) and used a brush along the seems. Was kind of dirty as I rinsed off the soap. Sprayed 4 coats of the waterproofer product - allowing it to dry in between. Looks greet so far - will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Anyway - I usually never ride the Boxster when its raining.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Auto start-stop works now.
I am surprised the original battery lasted this long. Date of MFG is 02/2013. While the car only has 19.5k miles on it, I've never had a battery last over 7 years. When I had it tested last week, while not providing full cranking amps, it was rated by the tester as OK as opposed to REPLACE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am toying with the idea of installing a GT4 wing on my base 981. I feel that it looks a lot better with the GT4 wing behind, but I can’t bear the idea of drilling holes into the body.

Has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am toying with the idea of installing a GT4 wing on my base 981. I feel that it looks a lot better with the GT4 wing behind, but I can’t bear the idea of drilling holes into the body.

Has anyone done this before?
Some people have installed the small ducktail that flicks up as a replacement to the normal small rear wing. It’s looks pretty good and is a bit more interesting than standard, but not so in your face as the full wing and no drilling. Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: porscheflatsix

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some people have installed the small ducktail that flicks up as a replacement to the normal small rear wing. It’s looks pretty good and is a bit more interesting than standard, but not so in your face as the full wing and no drilling. Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@porscheflatsix i considered that idea as well, but ended up with this and am really happy with how it turned out vs drilling holes

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had to run errands for my elderly mother this weekend.

I took my father's 2004 BMW 325CI [with 21,000 miles on it!] as the weather was perfect for a cruise in a convertible. I also thought mom would get a kick out of seeing it being used again. What a wonderful car - smooth cruiser; handles like a dream.

When I got home I realized I had some of her groceries and had to take them back to her (not a short drive).

So I took the Cayman and was instantly reminded of the difference in nature. The snarl of the flat-six; the purposeful and comfortable seats, the additional oomph; and the more razor-sharp handling in terms of suspension and steering.

A very different experience taking nothing away from the BMW.

Years ago I had an E46 325 with the sport package and that was my gateway to German cars besides a Volkswagen.

Grins all the way around. I feel blessed to enjoy and take care of these cars.

So cleaned and detailed the Porches and BMW.

I love these cars.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I had a similar revelation
Hadn't had a German car for 3 months when I purchased a GTI. Driving home from dealer (1.5 hr.) along some of my fun route found it a blast.
Light, responsive, descend power, nice handling, great seats. Would like a better tighter rack, too light - you have to be braced against something to hold a tight line.
Had Porsche dealer (PCA 20% discount) install APR downpipe (+ 10mm with high flow cat); improved sound (maybe too much) and power. You can get a free stage 2 tune but I'm fine with it. It's a DD that holds my Home Depot purchases or 4 race tires/wheels (12" 325/30-19) if need be. Fender audio with sub. .

6041 - 6060 of 6083 Posts