Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6061 - 6080 of 6083 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Im a new one here, just bought 981 2016, I was wondering should I set up a racing steering wheel. I mean, I like the way it looks but I’m not that sure about the practical side. Does anybody have it? Is that suitable in terms of options and stuff. Which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
101 Posts
What steering wheel do you have now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Considering I just very recently bought my car, most I have done to it has revolved around basic maintenance. This past days the car has gotten a set of new rear tyres (never replaced since new), more specifically Goodyear Eagle F1 265/35/20, and today I replaced the air filters...that have probably never been replaced before either. I went with BMC, which I have always opted for on my Porsches, the quality is excellent!

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Oh, and I also installed a cheap BT streaming solution since my car didn’t come with that - by todays and my own standards - very basic necessity. Works via factory AUX and can also answer calls.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
hi ya

i have thought of doing this on my Bs as well but concerned about peppering the side with stones and clippings.Can you let me know how u get on after a few drives/weeks

cheers
I did the ECS spacers about 3 years ago and I’m not sure that 10-15mm is enough to make a lot of difference to debris hitting the lower sides. I think as wide as the tires are it’s gonna happen regardless. Having said that, mine is not that bad in my opinion. I used 5/10mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody knows where can I order the plastic license plate to stick on my baby instead of metal ones. I saw it on a car near my house ones. Just don’t want to poke holes in the bumper. 😅 I'll leave the image of what Im talking about attached.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Polished the car with Meguiars 105 and waxed with Griots sealant on Sunday. Smooth as a baby’s posterior. Noticed that the windshield installer had reversed the interior trim installation above and beside the steering wheel so the overlap was wrong, so I unscrewed the visor and popped out the trim.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys, I was wondering if anybody knows where can I order the plastic license plate to stick on my baby instead of metal ones. I saw it on a car near my house ones. Just don’t want to poke holes in the bumper. 😅 I'll leave the image of what Im talking about attached.
Try flat6motorsports they have a l9t of selecti9n. Amazon has these things too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cleaned up the front headlights.Used the Sylvania headlight resto kit to remove the peeling, fading factory coating. They look like brand new again.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Flush beats a straight but you probably know that right
Don't mind me, that where I went to.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Cleaned up the front headlights.Used the Sylvania headlight resto kit to remove the peeling, fading factory coating. They look like brand new again. View attachment 269272 View attachment 269273
Looks great, but... be aware these have no UV coating on them at all now and will repeat the break down as before but sooner. I did this to my wife’s car and about a year later replaced the headlight assemblies because they looked even worse. You might look at using one of the lamin-x kits on it now. I have heard not to use any kind of PPF on Porsche headlights as it can cause the UV coating to delaminate, but you have already done that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6061 - 6080 of 6083 Posts