Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6081 - 6100 of 6110 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I've had Xpel on my last 3 cars. Over 5 years old, still looks new and no lifting anywhere

·
Registered
198 Posts
Softronic tune today. What a difference!
A few weeks ago, upgraded to 18 way seats with Alcantara and red deviated stitching 👍🏻

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,837 Posts
Softronic tune today. What a difference!
A few weeks ago, upgraded to 18 way seats with Alcantara and red deviated stitching
We. Need. Picts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
We. Need. Picts.

Gladly 😁
I’ll be the first to say, I’ve never been oneto try to rebadge any parts of my car to pretend to be a model or sub model that it’s not, but after searching for 18 ways with Alcantara and red stitching for 4 years, and at this price, I‘m willing to live with the GTS logo 🤷🏻‍♂️
I also got Lloyd’s mats with red piping and logo. They actually don’t fit perfectly like OEM and overlap in a couple of places, but I’ve been going back and forth with customer service to see if this is an anomaly.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,837 Posts
Looks awesome! Thanks for posting so quickly.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Fixed the problem I was having closing my garage door with the built in homelink. I couldn’t figure out why when I backed out of my garage the car could never close the door afterwards. But when I was coming home I could hit the button at the bottom of my 500’ driveway and it would open...

It suddenly occurred to me the only difference between the two situations was that the safety lights on the garage door opener were on when I was backing out and off when I came home. Replaced the LED bulbs I had in the opener with CFLs and bingo! I guess the LEDs were causing interference with the signal from the car.

Only took me a year to figure it out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fixed the problem I was having closing my garage door with the built in homelink. I couldn’t figure out why when I backed out of my garage the car could never close the door afterwards. But when I was coming home I could hit the button at the bottom of my 500’ driveway and it would open...

It suddenly occurred to me the only difference between the two situations was that the safety lights on the garage door opener were on when I was backing out and off when I came home. Replaced the LED bulbs I had in the opener with CFLs and bingo! I guess the LEDs were causing interference with the signal from the car.

Only took me a year to figure it out.
Good tip. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you find the clear engine cover? How is the sound isolation? Thanks
It was engineered and built in limited quantity by a forum member :) isolation is flawless , a smidge louder. I am currently in process of working with the designer and Rennline to bring the product into full production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tore her down to OEM mode :( Time to sell the car and move onto the next adventure! She's been great, can't say enough positive things about the 981 platform.

For those interested, see parts for sale:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sold her yesterday! :( but also happy to be moving onto something else :)

I highly recommend selling your Porsche to Carvana, amazing experience. It is seriously like Amazon for cars, it's that easy. They offer proper private party market value, which is unique to Carvana...

Carmax, Vroom, etc. all garbage low offers...stay away from those companies.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Good feedback and good luck on your new ride! Ive wondered what the Carvana experience was like. My ex had a good experience trading her car in with Carmax on a new car buy as they beat the best dealer offer by almost 2K, so it was a better deal for her even considering the tax difference of trading it in. She bought the new one and we went back to Carmax with the old one on the way home.

Like you, I got nothing from Carmax other other than a lowball auction price value offer when I tried with them on a car that I wanted to sell quickly without having to deal with the typical public sales process.

Sometimes its just easier to take the lower offer than dealing with the no-shows and tire kickers, but I really think it also depends on the car and the price range you are dealing with that will determine that experience.

Awesome that you were able to score a win on both fronts!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sold her yesterday! :( but also happy to be moving onto something else :)

I highly recommend selling your Porsche to Carvana, amazing experience. It is seriously like Amazon for cars, it's that easy. They offer proper private party market value, which is unique to Carvana...

Carmax, Vroom, etc. all garbage low offers...stay away from those companies.

what's next???

details on the Carvana please ........how did it work and what did you sell for if you don't mind

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 2014 CS has 20,570 miles on it.

I changed the oil and filter
Bled the brakes
Washed the wheels both inner and outer, having the wheels off makes them much easier to clean

I used Liftbars to raise the car and used 3ton jack stands under the lift bars while doing the work. I was really impressed with the lift bars. The car is a little tail heavy when the jack is under the liftbar center mark. I have a pretty low profile Daytona jack, but I still drove the car up on 4 wooden ramps made from 2x10 to allow more space for the jack. I think this was good because I still had to raise the car pretty far to get the jacks under the ends of the lift bar. The wooden ramps reduced the side lean of the car while jacking. I had to put some adhesive rubber strips from McMaster-Carr on the bottom of the wood to prevent the ramps from sliding on my epoxy coated garage floor.

I also removed the torn underbody air deflector/director in front of the passenger side wheel.

I have ordered a replacement with local dealer, it will be about $18. The tabs on this will tear off if you merely try to pull this off. After tearing one, I used a wide flat head screwdriver to lever the tab out of the slot. I did retrieve the tab I broke off, but not the lost tab from the original damage.

The other fix I have to do is to replace the missing attachment screw for the thin, plastic spoiler on the bottom of the front bumper. I assume this was lost at the same time as the air deflector damage. This screw is also on order with dealer. It should include the expanding sleeve that fits in the hole.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 2014 CS has 20,570 miles on it.

I changed the oil and filter
Bled the brakes
Washed the wheels both inner and outer, having the wheels off makes them much easier to clean

I used Liftbars to raise the car and used 3ton jack stands under the lift bars while doing the work. I was really impressed with the lift bars. The car is a little tail heavy when the jack is under the liftbar center mark. I have a pretty low profile Daytona jack, but I still drove the car up on 4 wooden ramps made from 2x10 to allow more space for the jack. I think this was good because I still had to raise the car pretty far to get the jacks under the ends of the lift bar. The wooden ramps reduced the side lean of the car while jacking. I had to put some adhesive rubber strips from McMaster-Carr on the bottom of the wood to prevent the ramps from sliding on my epoxy coated garage floor.

I also removed the torn underbody air deflector/director in front of the passenger side wheel.

View attachment 269626

I have ordered a replacement with local dealer, it will be about $18. The tabs on this will tear off if you merely try to pull this off. After tearing one, I used a wide flat head screwdriver to lever the tab out of the slot. I did retrieve the tab I broke off, but not the lost tab from the original damage.

The other fix I have to do is to replace the missing attachment screw for the thin, plastic spoiler on the bottom of the front bumper. I assume this was lost at the same time as the air deflector damage. This screw is also on order with dealer. It should include the expanding sleeve that fits in the hole.

View attachment 269627
For that small plastic screw on the end of the front chin spoiler, it’s easier to get a narrow black zip tie, curl it up tightly several times so you and up with a reasonable coil and feed it through the spoiler and its mounting hole and back through the next hole further back in the pan, then secure it and cut off the excess.

Far more sturdy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6081 - 6100 of 6110 Posts