Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6101 - 6117 of 6117 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
For that small plastic screw on the end of the front chin spoiler, it’s easier to get a narrow black zip tie, curl it up tightly several times so you and up with a reasonable coil and feed it through the spoiler and its mounting hole and back through the next hole further back in the pan, then secure it and cut off the excess.

Far more sturdy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion. The screw is less than $2, so I'll stick with that for now, hopefully, I won't scrape the next one off.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Introduced my 981S to 981 GTS rear lights.

541E8A14-B413-40C0-B248-2D48EC0002F7.jpeg

Really makes a big difference in a black car where the redness of the reflectors IMO interferes with the lines of the car. Not a big deal really, but I found a pair for a good price on Ebay and couldn’t help myself. Easily reversible if I for some reason decide to change my mind again (which I will admit happens, LOL).

·
Registered
257 Posts
what's next???

details on the Carvana please ........how did it work and what did you sell for if you don't mind
It works exactly like Carvana describes on their site, everything submitted online (very simple - no car exterior or interior picts at all as well). Best part is no irritating PPIs, tire kickers, or BS looking it over. Just be honest with your submission and you'll get what you put in.

I received full private party value on truecar or KBB, I'd rather not say specifically what, but if you plot your car's spec in that's what you should generally expect.

Not sure on what's next yet actually, just enjoying being "free" of any responsibilities for the moment : )

·
Registered
56 Posts
Introduced my 981S to 981 GTS rear lights.

View attachment 269628

Really makes a big difference in a black car where the redness of the reflectors IMO interferes with the lines of the car. Not a big deal really, but I found a pair for a good price on Ebay and couldn’t help myself. Easily reversible if I for some reason decide to change my mind again (which I will admit happens, LOL).

View attachment 269629
Agree... Major difference...
The Red ones make the car look so dated...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Patiently waiting for parts to arrive...

BBS LM-R
x73
718 Tail light upgrade
Rennline phone mount

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gladly 😁
I’ll be the first to say, I’ve never been oneto try to rebadge any parts of my car to pretend to be a model or sub model that it’s not, but after searching for 18 ways with Alcantara and red stitching for 4 years, and at this price, I‘m willing to live with the GTS logo 🤷🏻‍♂️
I also got Lloyd’s mats with red piping and logo. They actually don’t fit perfectly like OEM and overlap in a couple of places, but I’ve been going back and forth with customer service to see if this is an anomaly.
View attachment 269394 View attachment 269395 View attachment 269396

Were these upgraded from 4-way base seats? Everything plug and play?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hardwired my new V1 gen2 using a add-a-fuse, passenger fuse box, D3 (unused slot) :) now I want to figure out how to snake the wire nicely through the a-pillar and around the top. For now, its at the base of the windshield tucked away.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
71 Posts
I am 90% complete/satisfied with dozens of paint chips that I repaired after getting my CS three years ago and wanted to protect the front from future chips while trying to decide on PPF. So due to Covid delays I just received my Father’s Day present from my wife...a Colgan Car Bra! It went on fast and fit perfectly so I took long drive on a beautiful day and didn’t worry about chips and bugs.😋
Jim

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S and 2010 GT3
161 Posts
I haven’t seen a bra on a modern Porsche... they were so common on red 944’s (Jake Ryan mobile) lol
I recently saw the yellow Guenther werks car on track and the front was all Saran wrapped ...great quick idea!!
Last week I took a trip after totally detailing my car and I tried that... works pretty good in a pinch... the car was peppered with bugs... pulled off the Saran Wrap and it was perfect underneath 🍻

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You must be really careful with those front end bras. No trying to belittle the gift, but there is a reason people stopped using them 25 years ago. Im actually surprised someone still makes and sells them

They will completely ruin your paint. They act like a pot scrubber on your front end and rub the dirt and dust that gets back there into your paint while driving, scratching it all up and dulling the clear coat.

Things will get really bad if it rains and the contaminated rain water washes even more dirt down the hood into the back of the bra or thrown up from the road by the car in front of you and soaks into it

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
71 Posts
ICNU,
You point out good concerns. I used the same bra made by Covercraft on my 1994 Z/28 for over 20 years. It was also a garage queen like my Cayman. If I ever get caught in the rain it comes off until it is dry and never gets put on unless the car is clean. I traded in the Z/28 on my Cayman and the paint looked new and without a paint chip. You are correct if you don’t use them properly you can create problems but they are great for protecting against bugs and chips. And it’s so not so “in your face” with the Agate Grey as it would be with other colors.
My wife of 45 years gave it to me and I want to make it to 46 so yes I will be carefully using it.😏😏
Jim

Reactions: ICNU

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Perfect, so at least you know how to use it unlike many others!

Most will just strap them on and leave them on there for months if not years at a time and there are all sorts of horror stories that follow.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Traded it in on a new 718 Cayman GTS 4.0! Loved the 981, but I wanted a manual again. Now I have to wait until the snow flies for the car to be built.

Reactions: Slingshot and ICNU
6101 - 6117 of 6117 Posts