Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6121 - 6140 of 6162 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Finished a 2349 mile round trip to Breckenridge, CO with my wife. She is a good sport agreeing to take the Cayman all that way. Only about 250 of the 1050 miles each way is freeway, and some of the roads have a very grainy surface so road noise can be a bit much at 85.

Overall, the car did great, over 33 mpg.

The drive south on Colorado 9 from Breckenridge to Royal Gorge is really nice.
We just did a similar trip from Indy to St George Utah. About 3300 miles round trip, the home leg dropping south via Wichita. We thought about royal gorge but ended up in Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak instead. Then on to Utah. I think I got about the same average mpg. Fantastic trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rican

·
Registered
117 Posts
We just did a similar trip from Indy to St George Utah. About 3300 miles round trip, the home leg dropping south via Wichita. We thought about royal gorge but ended up in Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak instead. Then on to Utah. I think I got about the same average mpg. Fantastic trip.

Royal Gorge is quite impressive.

We visited Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs on the way to Breckenridge, but not Pike's Peak.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
603 Posts
That's good info. I hadn't ever thought of those as expendable parts. Thanks for posting.
The piston dust caps are toast again, and I have a new set to replace them. FCPeuro now stocks the Centric parts, and these look a bit better than the same Centric part numbers I ordered from CARID.com last year, and they offer free replacements. Luckily no piston leaks yet, so I'll just replace the dust caps for now. I think the PFC 08 pads I've been using on the track put a lot more heat into the system than the Pagids RSL29's.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Took the backroads from Houston to Messina Hof winery in Bryan, TX.
Messina and Bryan...haven’t heard those names in many years. Used to work in Austin at the Systems Operation Control Center for LCRA years ago and those were two of the many substations in Hill Country/West Texas.

Beautiful driving out there...I miss it.

Reactions: bigmoguls

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Installed a new set of Engine Air Filters in my 2015 Cayman. The Odometer is at 76,102 miles, so it's a little early for the 80K Major Service, yet the day was warm and it was nice working in the garage.....

Took my about 2 hours to complete the task, including set-up and clean-up. Nothing difficult, just involved as you need to remove some interior trim pieces to get to the Air filters.

Test Drive afterwards to Chic-Fil-A and all was Perfect!!

👍👍

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
99 Posts
My wife and I took a spirited drive through the Hocking Hills of SE Ohio to see the the fall colors.:)

·
Registered
2015 Boxster S Manual
37 Posts
Installed a new set of Engine Air Filters in my 2015 Cayman. The Odometer is at 76,102 miles, so it's a little early for the 80K Major Service, yet the day was warm and it was nice working in the garage.....

View attachment 270988

Took my about 2 hours to complete the task, including set-up and clean-up. Nothing difficult, just involved as you need to remove some interior trim pieces to get to the Air filters.

Test Drive afterwards to Chic-Fil-A and all was Perfect!!

👍👍
How many miles are on those dirty filters?

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
99 Posts
I've been there many a time... With the fall colors and a drive through Hocking Hills, it doesn't get much better...
Old Man’s Cave, Rock House, Ash Cave and Cedar Falls and the curvy roads that connect them :)are just some of the many highlights of the area. We go several times a year and will go again tomorrow. The colors are at their peak.
Jim

·
Registered
157 Posts
Last weekend I took my wife and the P-car from Bexley down to Augusta Ky for lunch at the Beehive...

The trip down and back were all on back country roads and the colors were just starting to pop.... A very enjoyable trip....

·
Registered
2015 Boxster S Manual
37 Posts
I needed tires. So I installed all season Continental DWS-06 tires on my 20" OEM rims. I could not find the OEM size (235/35/20 and 265/35/20) in an all season so I went up to 245/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear, to keep factory bias the same, and everything fits fine and it drives fine. The tires were $910 with shipping from Tire Rack and I had a local independent shop install them for $150. It actually rides a little smoother, tires feel less "hard" (running same 32 psi).
I live in NJ and we have many days below 40 degrees and I don't want to chance it with summer tires at those temps and I still want to be able to drive in the winter.

Reactions: Rican

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I needed tires. So I installed all season Continental DWS-06 tires on my 20" OEM rims. I could not find the OEM size (235/35/20 and 265/35/20) in an all season so I went up to 245/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear, to keep factory bias the same, and everything fits fine and it drives fine. The tires were $910 with shipping from Tire Rack and I had a local independent shop install them for $150. It actually rides a little smoother, tires feel less "hard" (running same 32 psi).
I live in NJ and we have many days below 40 degrees and I don't want to chance it with summer tires at those temps and I still want to be able to drive in the winter.

View attachment 271167 View attachment 271168
Looks good! Any noticeable difference in rear width? I mean it’s only about 3/8” but curious. Visually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Boxster S Manual
37 Posts
Looks good! Any noticeable difference in rear width? I mean it’s only about 3/8” but curious. Visually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't notice any visual difference. You'd only know if you actually read the tire size. The tire calculator website says 275 is 10.8" vs 10.4" for 265. For whatever it's worth, the installer commented how he thinks they look better than the OEM size because it better fills up the wheel well....but to be honest, I can't really tell.

6121 - 6140 of 6162 Posts