Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6201 - 6214 of 6214 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great idea on changing plugs/coils while you had the headers out of the way. The off the shelf Cobb tunes are pretty weak, so consider getting yourself a custom remote pro tune via email using data logs provided by your Cobb device to really wake her up!
Will do, but will probably use a local dyno tuning place that builds and maintains Porsche race cars. We'll give this OTS tune a workout at the track first, and maybe grab some datalogs while we're out there.

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Cayman
559 Posts
Oil change and brake fluid flush. Took a bit more oil than the manual states...
Good DIY but you might have overfilled the oil. On my first DIY oil change, I added exactly 7.5 litres (per page 265 on manual) fresh oil after draining the old for almost 2 hours. Warmed up engine & let it cool. Oil level indicator is on the top mark but after driving for a month, I got an oil overfill warning light. I drained about 1/2 to 3/4 litres to bring indicator level one notch lower from top to fix it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good DIY but you might have overfilled the oil. On my first DIY oil change, I added exactly 7.5 litres (per page 265 on manual) fresh oil after draining the old for almost 2 hours. Warmed up engine & let it cool. Oil level indicator is on the top mark but after driving for a month, I got an oil overfill warning light. I drained about 1/2 to 3/4 litres to bring indicator level one notch lower from top to fix it.
Yeah, when I got the car it was filled up to the top. If I drive it really hard, I will usually get an overfilled message, so I was cognizant of that fact.

I had initially put 7 quarts in, ran it to operating temp. Computer stated had reached the minimum level. I put another quart in since the measurement is 1.8 total quarts and since hot oil expands it would be just a little bit less. After a cold start, the measurement was only 1 notch above the minimum line, indicating that it had a remaining capacity of 1.4 quarts left. I added another half quart after driving it again, and re-checked. I still have 2 notches left or .9 quarts left to go to reach the top but I will drive around a bit more and decide. All in all I have put 8.25 quarts in and a full fill will be somewhere around 9.

Not a big deal, easy to adjust when you have a funnel and the oil at home.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Swapped the front bumper grills to black and left out the small side restrictors on the outer edges. Parts via Suncoast Parts.

I’ve always liked the look of the GTS grills but was never gonna do that bumper swap. I’m not big on swapping parts from models the car isn’t. I like that black grills make the openings look much larger too. As far as I can tell, 2014 was the only year that got body colored grills.

Overall pretty happy but I did realize after that I will probably be doing some sort of Zunsport type thing. I dunno. The jury is still out on if I need to worry about it much. The radiator areas were extremely clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Love your garage! I agree on the bumper, looks more aggressive.
Thanks! Yep I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Like I pictured I guess. :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My 2013 white bumper has body coloured grilles.
Boxster? Agree. But they never made a 2013 Cayman for the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed the Joyeauto unit so I could have Android Auto on the PCM screen (of course, this works for Apple CarPlay, too, but I'm in the other camp, as it were.)

Installation was pretty straightforward and it pretty much fired right up after I plugged it in.

All the regular PCM functions remain as-is, though I suspect they'll get 95% less use these days.

Nice upgrade for around $375, all in.

6201 - 6214 of 6214 Posts