Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

6221 - 6228 of 6228 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Morning test driving a 718 Spyder PDK (did go with my 981BS).
Unexpected discovery, the 718 Spyder gave me more comfort on terrible Belgian roads than my 981 BS with X73 suspension. Nice!
It was (unsurprisingly) very quiet testdrive compared with my 981S with PSE with SoulPerformance race headers running on 102 RON fuel. A bit Tesla like
Well, my Spyder will have to get some minor adjustments (ordered it long time ago anyway).

PS, it was brandnew, 500km (320 miles) on the odo ... So no 8000 rpm yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks to a sweet deal from user ICNU, I had my new-to-me Fabspeed TrackTec Valved Bypass Exhaust installed. With the Soul catless headers and the Cobb Stage 2 OTS tune, this sucker just flat out screams now. Brought it home and showed my wife (the Cayman S is her track car) what I'd done and she's still grinning ear to ear. I was afraid she might not like the aggressive sound, but she loves it and can't wait for our new track day. Thanks again ICNU!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Thanks to a sweet deal from user ICNU, I had my new-to-me Fabspeed TrackTec Valved Bypass Exhaust installed. With the Soul catless headers and the Cobb Stage 2 OTS tune, this sucker just flat out screams now. Brought it home and showed my wife (the Cayman S is her track car) what I'd done and she's still grinning ear to ear. I was afraid she might not like the aggressive sound, but she loves it and can't wait for our new track day. Thanks again ICNU!
Awesome, I’m glad to hear you finally got the exhaust installed! I can’t imagine how loud that thing is with the valves open and catless headers now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not exactly today but the past weeks I did the following after picking up my MY14 Cayman S with PDK

• Retrofitted sport plus mode by new panel switch and reprogramming PCM unit and combiinstrument with PIWIS 2. Now I have in Sport plus mode Launch control, throttle blip and G-force on display without the ugly sport Chrono thing on the dash. Not working is starting sport Chrono on PCM but who cares.
  • Since I have the multifunction steering wheel, added Techart paddle shifters. It works fine but since the old pull/ push sliding switch is used you must pull at center of Techart paddle flipper. So this will be out later and I get the Sport design steering wheel.
  • Connected a plug for Cteck battery tender between battery plus pole and ground point on car
  • Softronic tune with the pops and bangs (I did this same day of getting the car so no reference point how it was before but car pulls great through all the gears and in launch control mode
  • Full paint correction (minor stone chips) and detailing polishing and wax.

Next is headers with 200 cell cats, Sport design steering wheel and PSE

View attachment 265604

View attachment 265605

View attachment 265606
Is the Sport Chrono retrofit very costly ?

6221 - 6228 of 6228 Posts