Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
6741 - 6760 of 6787 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Today I got to experience genuine thrills.

I never use a car as a conveyance unless I absolutely have to, and this is the first time outside of family events in YEARS where it made some sense to do it -- I wanted to be somewhere a ways away, quickly.

It validated why I do nearly everything on foot or public transit. There's a Home Depot near me that that takes me 25 minutes to walk there, despite requiring a small detour on foot. To reach that point today in the Spyder took 18 minutes!

Remembered to take a photo when I got back in the car to go home, to show the average speed on the way to my destination. I got into 2nd gear on my trip multiple times. Amazing!
View attachment 282583
On my commute to the office on Vancouver Island I can comfortably do it all in 2nd gear, but I sometimes shift it into 3rd and/or 4th to make sure they are still working. I can drive it in 20m or bicycle there in 25m.

·
291 Posts
Plastidip on the rear deck lettering. I never cared for the silver and didn’t want to debadge.

Shawn in VA (USA)
Nicely done. What's the process after the paint is applied... do you use a plastic blade or something to trim around the letters and peel that away? Or is it a non-issue due the curvature or gaps between the letters and the body?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Nicely done. What's the process after the paint is applied... do you use a plastic blade or something to trim around the letters and peel that away? Or is it a non-issue due the curvature or gaps between the letters and the body?
Thanks. It pretty much just pulled off cleanly from most letters, even inside the “E”. I had to use a small pick to get inside the closed letters—P, O, etc.

Trick is to have good thick coatings. I did 10-12very thin layers to build it up.

I cleaned up the overspray with goo gone then rewaxed the trunk.

(Sorry this is so blurry, but I’m not going to reapply… ).

Shawn in VA (USA)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Cleaned and fully Griots ceramic coated the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It’s a little experiment to see how well it holds up and how easy it makes cleaning.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well done. Car looks super too. Did you take the wheels off and do the barrels also or just lifted the car to avoid too much bending over and associated back pain?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well done. Car looks super too. Did you take the wheels off and do the barrels also or just lifted the car to avoid too much bending over and associated back pain?

Yup. Took them off. Also did the calipers. And yeah both really…the barrels AND save the bending.

·
Registered
2016 981 GTS | Racing Yellow | MT | PASM | PTV | PSE | SC
9 Posts
It’s a little experiment to see how well it holds up and how easy it makes cleaning.

VERY interested in your results, given that I need to pull my wheels off to scrape a bunch of road tar off from my recent road trip.

·
Premium Member
15 GTS
79 Posts
Test fit some new safety gear... Slider is a no go unfortunately so down to the floor we go. The good news is the Sparco is a perfect match with the alcantara and red stitching. I also have a new motivation to get on that bike!

Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Test fit some new safety gear... Slider is a no go unfortunately so down to the floor we go. The good news is the Sparco is a perfect match with the alcantara and red stitching. I also have a new motivation to get on that bike!

View attachment 282673
View attachment 282674
I do like those seats in this car. They look great, imo. And not that different from the LWB’s.
What was the weight savings for you? How come the sliders didn’t work? No other options for sliders?

·
Premium Member
15 GTS
79 Posts
How come the sliders didn’t work? No other options for sliders?
From what I gather the bbi sliders are some of the lowest available so that is what we tried. The issue is I'm a giant trying to fit into a small car. It's by no means the fault of the slider. At 6ft8 it's amazing I fit at all.

Honestly not sure about weight savings. I did it out of necessity. In the factory seats I fit perfectly wo a helmet so you can in magine how pleasant it was with. Not to mention the safety issues.

I am really pleased with how well it fits the interior and factory seat. I was on the fence about doing both of them or one bc I didn't necessarily want it to be too racecar. This makes it a non issue.

I have to thank the guys at BgB Motorsport for finding the seat. I was about to pull the trigger on a black one but they found this one and made it happen.

6741 - 6760 of 6787 Posts