Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
6941 - 6960 of 7005 Posts

· Registered
2,224 Posts
Yes, I think they were a bit “generous” on the labor charges and diagnosis fees since CarMax was paying.
Very generous considering I did both plugs and coils myself for about $355 total in parts using the OEM Bosch plugs and Beru Coils. Exact spec AGM battery was less than $200, so about $2,300 for labor that can all be done DIY in 2 hrs or less.

My Quickjack has paid for itself many times over in the last 4 years :D

· Registered
406 Posts
Glad they covered that! I’m about ready for a new battery. Filled up with gas at Costco yesterday morning (37*F) and got this scary .

I cleared the codes and let the battery trickle charge all day. The wife and I drove 2 hours round trip last night to a Christmas party inside the DC beltway last night with no issues. Battery is now on my “watch list”.

(I also got a steering wheel heater inoperable message—and I don’t have one! . These cars sure don’t like low batteries. )

Shawn in VA (USA)
Yup, sounds like the classic symptoms.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Looks about right Kevin —time for a change. Did you go OEM again? (I did at the recommendation of the shop that did my PPI).

As for me, I was at Costco and researched batteries. $180 USD for H6 AGM.

Shawn in VA (USA)

· Registered
183 Posts
Looks about right Kevin —time for a change. Did you go OEM again? (I did at the recommendation of the shop that did my PPI).

As for me, I was at Costco and researched batteries. $180 USD for H6 AGM.

Shawn in VA (USA)
Yep; just rolled past 43K on the clock and I'm sure they were the original filters. And yeah, I went with the OEM filters (Suncoast has them on sale: 2 for $73). I thought about going for the BMC or K&N filters, but I try not to second-guess Porsche engineers too much (although I am thinking about replacing the exhaust, LOL - it's the standard exhaust, and I'd like to have something freer-flowing and with better sound).

That's a good price on that battery (I replaced mine right after getting the car last year - I can't remember what I paid, but it was quite a bit more than that IIRC).

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Yep; just rolled past 43K on the clock and I'm sure they were the original filters. And yeah, I went with the OEM filters (Suncoast has them on sale: 2 for $73). I thought about going for the BMC or K&N filters, but I try not to second-guess Porsche engineers too much (although I am thinking about replacing the exhaust, LOL - it's the standard exhaust, and I'd like to have something freer-flowing and with better sound).
Same here. Also thinking about headers or “Carnewal” mod to the exhaust.

Shawn in VA (USA)

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Went out to prep the car so I could remove the bumper tomorrow. 20 min later I was done! going to drop it off to fix/paint the boo-boo I made.

I didn’t remove the headlights, frunk seal ring or wheel well liners. Really pretty straightforward thanks to Jeff and a few other YT videos.

While I have it off I plan to clean between the radiators and run an extension to the emergency frunk release.

Does anyone happen to know the p/n for this grill/spar? I’d like to buy the black ones that I think started in MY15 or 16.
(Not my car below as mine are plastidipped black).

Shawn in VA (USA)

6941 - 6960 of 7005 Posts