Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
6981 - 7000 of 7005 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Sunday was one of those rare gems of a winter day in Idaho where the temps climbed above 45 degrees, and the roads were totally clear. Time to get the 981S off the charger, top down, and out for a mountain drive! Had a great 75 mile loop from Meridian up to Emmett and across to Horseshoe Bend. A great windy mountain road hugging the Payette River. Kept it at 7/10ths since the roads were cold and there could be ice in shady corners as we crested 5,000 feet. A very nice afternoon!

I came home and took care of a long overdue detailing task. The frunk area was dusty and dirty from the prior owner. A bit of simple green, a brush, and then a good coat of detailing spray and all looked new again!

Light Automotive design Trunk Automotive exterior Gas

· Administrator
2,237 Posts
I came home and took care of a long overdue detailing task. The frunk area was dusty and dirty from the prior owner. A bit of simple green, a brush, and then a good coat of detailing spray and all looked new again!

View attachment 285419
If you really want the plastic to look like brand new - a ceramic coating (the real stuff $$$ for exterior use) will give it a deep sheen, and it lasts. One ceramic coating company realized this and is selling pre-soaked applicator pads in sealed aluminized envelopes. I got some for Christmas, but I'm waiting for my trim to fade again (it's been 3 months since I did it and it still looks perfect) so I can try it.

If you go this route - you'll want to get the detailing spray off the plastic. Probably alcohol and water will do that. You want a bare-naked plastic surface for the coating to adhere to.

· Registered
25 Posts
If you really want the plastic to look like brand new - a ceramic coating (the real stuff $$$ for exterior use) will give it a deep sheen, and it lasts. One ceramic coating company realized this and is selling pre-soaked applicator pads in sealed aluminized envelopes. I got some for Christmas, but I'm waiting for my trim to fade again (it's been 3 months since I did it and it still looks perfect) so I can try it.

If you go this route - you'll want to get the detailing spray off the plastic. Probably alcohol and water will do that. You want a bare-naked plastic surface for the coating to adhere to.
Thanks for the tip! I coated my daily driver (Tesla Y Performance) with Avalon King ceramic products and it's holding up great. I have an extra bottle, so I'll try that when the plastic fades. I have their Isopropyl prep spray as well, so I'll make sure to clean any residue off first!

· Registered
25 Posts
GT4 side scoops came in the mail today. I bought the whole oem kit which includes vent rings, double side tape and 12 screws. Thanks to oem vent rings and its alignment studs the installation is very easy. Drill six holes for the screws - fingers crossed and I made it on a first attempt 😎 Will take take it to the body shop for the fresh paint on Monday. I hope that on monday I will have the headers in the mail as well 🤩

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Now I am thinking about sport style design front bumper or maybe GT4 one, side mirrors..

· Registered
183 Posts
^ awesome combo I’m sure.

As for me I found the P-car parking area at the airport. Of course there will probably be a monster truck parked in the middle when I get back…

View attachment 285574

Shawn in VA (USA)
Yeah, but you got the yellow stripes on the driver's side, so presumably the monster truck won't keep you from getting in... ;)

· Administrator
2,237 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Spent last week completing pre-track oil/filter, new rotors and pads plus brake fluid flush. Today got pre-track inspection completed. Found missing exhaust manifold bolt while under car, it is apparently pretty common so keep an eye out.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Rim Tire

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Cheers!

Attachments

6981 - 7000 of 7005 Posts