Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

What did you do to your 987 today?

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  N_Jay 
#1 ·
A popular VW enthusiast site has a similar thread. Post up what you did to your 987. Types of things to post could be cleaning, maintaining, modifying, piloting it around a track, etc. Post pics if you can. This thread can inspire others to do something similar. I'll start...

#3 ·
My wife got me a Meguiar's G110v2 Professional Dual Action Polisher for our anniversary, so today I decided to get up early and give the CS a good rub down. I used Zaino PC Fusion on the areas that had bad swirl marks and could not be happier. The cars looks new after a couple of coats of Z2.

It is amazing how your can take paint that looks thin and make it look brand new and thick with the right tools. :cheers:

I also have included a crappy cell phone picture :eek:

#5 ·
Just popped on my clear side markers and the keyhole cover from bumperplugs.

Not the best pic (everybody has seen them before :) ). Going back and forth actually. The yellow wasn't too bad on the Atlas Gray. Will run them a few days and see how I feel.

As for the keyhole cover, it was a bit of a disappointment. It doesn't cover the entire keyhole (about a mm all around still shows) and doesn't center particularly well, so can't say I'd recommend that one.

Dension is sitting on my workbench. Will give that a go next week :)

#5,688 ·
Would you be willing to take some pictures? I am curious as to where they cut the mufflers. Depending on where the cuts are located it can be telling as to what they might have done. I am planning on modifying my muffler myself. I think I have mostly figured out what Carnewal is doing.

Put a modified set of stock silencers in the boot

Ready to take to the workshop Thursday for fitting, no idea what sound to expect, as i've no history on the silencers or who modified them.

#8 ·
Except for driving it to work, I let the CS have a well deserved rest after tracking it this weekend at Heartland Park Topeka with the Audi Club. The car performed just beautifully with my instructor (BMW guy) impressed at what it was capable of. Audi Club DE also included a slolam course, wet skid pad, a hard brake and instant lane change excercises. Lots of fun, such a great car!

#13 ·
#15 ·
Rainy day. Drove to work and back home, twice. Played around with the seat position. Sun. Got out the Mother's Showtime and cleaned her up. Ready for tomorrow.

#3,657 ·
So sorry to hear you got rear ended for the second time. I recently purchased a 2011 Boxster Spyder with just 1,415 miles on the odometer and can't imagine what it would feel like to be rear ended twice. Is it possible people are so mesmerized by the looks of this beauty especially the rear end that they simply get too close and wind up hitting you? Would not surprise me.

#21 · (Edited)
Couple of weeks ago installed JCopeland's mesh grills to front and back using the flatter color side.