Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 7661 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
Wow, this could get LONG>>>>

BBi Underdrive, Power Steering Cooler, Mantis Sump Extension, TTP OilSafe, Softronic Plenum/TB and Flash, GT3 VOS, TCP Sway bars with quiet links (highly recommended by me). GT3 LCAs with 1.9F 1.8R neg camber, Recaro Profi XL driver's seat, then ROTtech carbon fiber/alacantra/leather reclinable seats, Schroth Enduro 6 pt harnesses, Heigo Roll Bar with Harness Bar, SpeedART TUV exhaust, Forgestar 18" wheels with Nitto NT-01 DOT race tires, just clicked some Champion 18" wheels.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have been out of town for three days, so I just went down to the garage to check that all is well. I was too tired to drive, but we spent some quality time together. My mind often drifted away during these days, thinking back on our time together, missing the sounds and sensations, wishing I was out driving. This was the first time we were separated for more than a day. Must make up for the lost time this weekend.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Can you please share some details? With who did you get the warranty and was it expensive? Thanks

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I finally mounted the Champion RG5s back on the car after they went to the paint shop.
Here is the result:

I like! :)

And this was what the car looked like at delivery in 2009:

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Got an oil change, ordered Boxster side vent inner frames and got a new battery. My five year love affair continues!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Brake flush today.

Put the car up on four jacks, took off all four tires, flushed the brake system.

Very easy using my Motive Power Bleeder.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Joe,
Did you do anything special to the PSM or did you flush with the key off? I have heard there are some PSM controlled valves that need to be opened during the process with PWIS or Durametric.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hit 5,000 on the odometer. Made the May monthly payment.

·
Registered
309 Posts
First bath of the season...claying, Menzerna polish and sealant. waxed the rims too. The Flex buffer makes things so easy. The clear bra even looks brand new again.

Reactions: bayranger and Sirba

·
Registered
490 Posts
I cleaned her room. Took all the cars out and made the garage floor so shiny clean that the cars reflect in it! I parked the cars back in their spots and as I turned to go in after one last look, I think I heard a collective "thanks".

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yesterday, I flushed her brakes. Today, I put on the new OZ wheels.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yesterday, I flushed her brakes. Today, I put on the new OZ wheels.
What finish are the OZ wheels they look really nice.

What did I do to my 987 today, bought it up near redline for the first time since breaking it in and scared my daughter ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just got back from a 3 day DE at VIR. The new Cyaman R, now named , "Deep BLue" is one sweet ride. Spent this morning washing off all the bugs, dirt and tire stuff off Deep BLue. She is clean again under the covers with a well deserved rest for a few hours. Ed

·
Registered
995 Posts
I flushed the brakes with the key off, didn't think about PSM or any associated issues with it. So far, the brakes seem stronger. This weekend, pending delivery, I should be putting new brakes and brake lines on.

The wheels are OZ Allegerita Anthracite wheels. Not black, I'm not a huge fan of black wheels, e anthracite are dark, but not black. The OZ wheels are real light, but the Hankook tires, so far, aren't up to my liking. I only have about a ten-minute test drive on them, they were cold, but I think my problem stems from the increased sidewall and flex from it. The ride feels smoother, but I (think) I can feel the flexing of the sidewalls during cornering.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Applied the PCA sticker to the left rear window and ordered tow hook from US Mill Works

41 - 60 of 7661 Posts