Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7181 - 7199 of 7199 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Swapped out the starter and AOS. Starter has been squealing since last winter and I've had the AOS hanging around since I got the car so I figured I'd swap it now. Took me about 5 hours for both, not terrible, but not great haha. Picked up that 20" extension to make it easy. I also noticed some buildup around the power steering reservoir and the rear of the intake manifold. Planning on flushing/replacing power steering fluid as soon as it comes in, but how concerning is this build up?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Haven't installed it yet but I ordered the FVD tune via Rhonda this morning. Probably won't be able to get to loading it will mid Dec.

2 other performance enhancements I'm still toying with but really not any where close are Carnewal 200 cell cats and Bilstein B8 with H&R M030 lowering springs.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Orange Function First insert works very well. I installed one about a year ago. I also found out that my motor mount was deteriorating, so I also replaced that OEM part. Motor does not move around nearly as much. Yes a little more NVH on startup, and engine noise at 3000 rpm.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Replaced my wiper cowl on my 987.1 today, with new caps as well. Very easy to do, a couple of 10mm bolts plus a T25 torx for the external connections on the cowl, 13mm nuts for the wiper arms, and 2 plastic rivets behind the battery. Electrical connections for the wiper nozzle and fluid hose are super simple as well. All told, it took about an hour or so just due to having to fiddle with unseating/reseating the old and new cowl, and opening/closing the hood a million times to get to different things.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Oil change. Its been a year and only 4000 miles. 8 1/2 quarts of Mobil 1 and a filter from P.P. I drive a lot less due to retiring a year ago.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oil change - just over 5,000 miles and 4 months since the last one. Good Lord I hate the filter placement on the 9A1. :mad: Used 8 qts. of 0W-40 M1 Euro Formula, and that put it right in the middle of the digital dipstick. Also swapped out the original drain plug for a Mishimoto magnetic drain plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice! I thought those had a harness bar integrated too, or is that an option?
Good question. I was wondering that too -- because it will be a long run from the bar in the back there. I plan on looking for race seat and a harness for next year. Will let you know.

The only thing I was wondering is how I can seal the glass cover better -- definitely letting in new smells. :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
did you replace it with OEM? where did you purchase? need to do the same
yes I replaced with original Porsche parts - avail online from a few places like suncoast and design911.co.uk.
please note that there are different part numbers for OEM and Original as well as LHD and RHD.

edit: those 718 style lights do look quite nice too...

7181 - 7199 of 7199 Posts