Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7221 - 7240 of 7671 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
couldn't resist the temptation to do some after dinner detailing of the wiper cowl...
it was looking a bit greyish....now all is well with the world again :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine is a bit grayish when dry.. not awful. I was thinking of removing it and giving it a shot of bumper-black paint. It seems to stick to cleaned plastic quite well, and is tough pain. I'm still thinking about it. I may remove it tomorrow - I want to arrange the GPS antenna under it that I added and maybe move the Sirius antenna under it (it's currently in a corner of the dash..) It looks like 2 nuts, 1 torx screw and remove the wiper arms and off it comes..

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Mine is a bit grayish when dry.. not awful. I was thinking of removing it and giving it a shot of bumper-black paint. It seems to stick to cleaned plastic quite well, and is tough pain. I'm still thinking about it. I may remove it tomorrow - I want to arrange the GPS antenna under it that I added and maybe move the Sirius antenna under it (it's currently in a corner of the dash..) It looks like 2 nuts, 1 torx screw and remove the wiper arms and off it comes..
deilenberger, am trying out some meguiars engine dressing liquid at the moment. It had pretty good effect in the engine bay of my previous ride and resistant to heat...had some lying around the house, applied it with a small sponge - lets see how it turns out. probably might work with tyre black, plasti dip too...

·
Registered
608 Posts
She's in the workshop today and tomorrow getting a regular oil and filter change. She will also be getting new Brembo front brake rotors and pads, new rear strut mounts, bump stops, bellow etc, Cayman R springs going on for a slight 20mm drop and Goodridge Steel braided lines all round.

Ceramic coating refresh next week.

·
Registered
874 Posts
New air filter in the Cayman today. I can not help but question the logic in putting the filter in a hole that it does not fit through. Have to force the old one out and force the new one in. German engineering at its finest. If I didnt like driving this car so much Id unload it in a heartbeat.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,841 Posts
While it's a pain to install the engine air filter, it does fit without forcing it through the access hole. The 981 design is a huge improvement over the 987.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
874 Posts
While it's a pain to install the engine air filter, it does fit without forcing it through the access hole. The 981 design is a huge improvement over the 987.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I have a 987. I drove Corvettes for 30+ years. Everything was easier on them. I know that Porsche wants us to get dealer service and that is the reason. At least the oil change is easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Full Carnewal exhaust been installed today. Picking up tomorrow. Looking forward. Car been in service for 2 days. 6 bolts snaped, needed drilling.1 O2 sensor stocked, needed replacement. Not an easy job. But all done. Cant wait to hear that lovely noise.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Full Carnewal exhaust been installed today. Picking up tomorrow. Looking forward. Car been in service for 2 days. 6 bolts snaped, needed drilling.1 O2 sensor stocked, needed replacement. Not an easy job. But all done. Cant wait to hear that lovely noise.
Woohoo.. congrats. 200 cell headers and GT exhaust?

·
Registered
874 Posts
New Bosch Super spark plugs. Whatever the Super means I dont know. Anyway, not a terrible job. $33 for plugs on the internet. Way better than paying the dealer $300.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Changed both rear wheel bearing with help of my mec.
Make a huge difference, now I know why I was afraid of adding more nvh when thinking about update parts.
There were just so much. ?
I decided to buy 2 new for front right away

Reactions: NYPcar
7221 - 7240 of 7671 Posts