Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7301 - 7320 of 7338 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking very cool with a lower stance. Maybe R swaybars or Tarett GT adjustable swaybars so you can change the balance to reduce understeer.
Thank you.
The front sway bar (I've read) is the same as stock - I was thinking of the rear although I do have a Pedro bar back there. I'll have to see how it does on faster roads when the weather warms up.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thank you.
The front sway bar (I've read) is the same as stock - I was thinking of the rear although I do have a Pedro bar back there. I'll have to see how it does on faster roads when the weather warms up.
What adjustable f and r swaybars do for you is to give you a whole range of tire options that you can fine tune to your driving stye. I personally like a bigger front tire, that is a wider front tire in relationship to the rear (OEM is 30mm different, 235/40/18f and 265/40/35r). Mine are 255/35/18's in three sets and 275/35/18r. I find that the Tarett GT adjustable swaybars allow moving the balance point slightly rearward and still retaining the roll rate f & r with the bars.

I was able to get Michelin PS4's 255/35/18 f to fit my OEM 18 inch wheels, 8 in f and 275/35/18, 9 in r at my tire shop that is on the Tire Rack's install list. This combo really works well. Sticks like glue for daily drivability and not much noise. I use these wheels as my rain tires for autocross as well, they seem to work a little better than the RE71R's in standing water. I do change my swaybars for the wet as well to a softer setting f & r.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I flushed the PDK and clutch fluids and changed the PDK filter pan.
Car run smoother, especially on first gear when in the traffic and you do not push on the pedal.
Rattles disappeared 👻

·
Registered
951 Posts
I applaud your effort, but to me black would match the rest of the interior better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very nice! Any difficulty making the electronics work correctly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I applaud your effort, but to me black would match the rest of the interior better.
I agree but i drove 10 years with perfectly matching colors, and now for me this is much better, looks nicer from the outside, and comfort is miles ahead

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very nice! Any difficulty making the electronics work correctly?
Well actually we just plugged them in and they work, all the buttons, even tho my previous seats were just 2 way, each seat has his "brains" under.. and the sockets are identical, except the passenger weight sensor, will need to figure that out

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,762 Posts
The GTS seats look nice! You might consider installing floor mats to match the new seat color. Did you replace both seats, or just one?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
The GTS seats look nice! You might consider installing floor mats to match the new seat color. Did you replace both seats, or just one?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Both, you can see in the last pic, the guy bought a 2017 gts from us auto auction and selling all the parts, very popular business in Moldova, any thoughts what i can change in a 987 from a 981/718, the steering wheel was sold but i found another one in moldova for 300$ and its carbon( will attach the photo) but without air bag. From the donor 981 can i fit pedals? Pdk shifter? Does somebody know?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Popped the cover off the engine today for the first time. Discovered an IPD plenum on what looked to be a seemingly stock car. So that's why I hear exaggerated whooshing noises when I accelerate and let off.

On another note looks like the shifter cable wires are not in the correct position.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ok, you sort of scored. Maybe 5 hp more at 7000 rpm. Better look in the air cleaner box as well. You might be surprised with a EVOMs air cleaner as well. Maybe even long tube Cargraphic headers. Who knows. That sort of stuff happened to me. Seems sellers feel the market for their cars is better served as an OEM stock car. Also check the muffler for aftermarket sounds.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, you sort of scored. Maybe 5 hp more at 7000 rpm. Better look in the air cleaner box as well. You might be surprised with a EVOMs air cleaner as well. Maybe even long tube Cargraphic headers. Who knows. That sort of stuff happened to me. Seems sellers feel the market for their cars is better served as an OEM stock car. Also check the muffler for aftermarket sounds.
Unfortunately stock air filter. However, I replaced it with a new one. Would be nice if the shifter cables were Numeric. Headers and exhaust are bone stock that I can confirm. Might look into a Soul catback soon. But overall for the steal of a price I got it for, this is a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
951 Posts
Soul makes a quality product, especially their long tube competition headers, which I installed. I had my car in for some suspension tuning, and the Cantrell tech took it for a all done spin. He said the exhaust was be best 3.4 motor sound he had heard. They did not install this exhaust as its illegal without the cats. The shop could get a heavy fine if they even worked on this system, not just installing it.

However, it works extremely well with the Softronic software flash. Scott will map your ECU to your upgraded mods and hook them all together, which is what he did for me. Turned out great. The only back thought I have is I should have told Scott to remap the cam advance so it ramps up on a little lower RPM band. Currently, changing the Vario cam advance which starts at 4500, where I think for me 4200 or slightly lower would work with the other mods on my engine. This would help the mid range torque sag that occurs on the OEM ECU maps. I told Scott that I needed as much mid range torque has he could deliver, including using a fuel enrichment map. He was reluctant to go above 93 octane unless I had access to race gas on a regular basis. My car is a daily driver, so 93 is where it stopped. Scott had all of my variables figured out and remapped into a giant file. Car actually runs smoother on all accounts, even in stop and go, I can idle at 5 mph and the car does not buck. But is also screams above 4500 as Scott re tuned the intake resonance valve to correctly work with my Softronic Race Plenum kit, EVOMs air intake and Soul competition headers.

Good luck with you new toy.

7301 - 7320 of 7338 Posts