·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I’ll call next time I need done
Good job

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed some new Hawk HP+ brake pads over the weekend to replace my worn out OEM pads. I'm pretty impressed in how much more power these have over stock!

·
Registered
2008 Porsche Cayman S
45 Posts
Looks nice! Would you mind sharing your method?
Looks nice! Would you mind sharing your method?
  • Sure! In a spray bottle 2 parts water 1 part ammonia. Add a squirt of dawn dish soap. Ok, hard part done. Open bay , shield off with tarps if you want. I did not. Spray down with the mix, scrub with a soft bristle brush. I rinsed with low pressure from a garden hose and a nozzle set to shower. I used a electric leaf blower to " blow dry" away puddles. Wipe down with a treatment like back to black. I used an interior leather vinyl treatment from Meguiers. Take a picture and post here. Probably the most critical step is to ensure your favorite music is on. My choice was Dark Side of the Moon.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I saw the invoice Safelite sent my insurance company and it was only 375. Some markup.

·
Registered
399 Posts
All upcoming events have been canceled. So a group of us went for a quick mountain drive before we're forced into quarantine.

·
Registered
2008 Porsche Cayman S
45 Posts
I saw the invoice Safelite sent my insurance company and it was only 375. Some markup.
Probably the Porsche penalty. It was priced through the web not locally. All local glass shops were insane at 1100. They did a great job installing it. The seals are aligned excellently. I am ok with costs.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Nice group. I just came back from a 90 mile run including the Dragon of the South to Peck's. High 80's and light traffic for most part.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Installed a Sprint Booster and one of the Rennline magnetic phone mounts Pelican just had on sale. Both great additions to the car. Still trying to nail down which setting of the Sprint Booster to use.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
we are on restricted movement orders by the government to prevent the spread of COVID-19...no going out for casual drives...

so just started her up and brought her up to temperature to let the flat-6 purr a little before taking a nap :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
No rain sensor with antenna 600. Installed. Every other place was 1100. Safelite was the winner. Best price in our area and great warranty.
Thanks for the info! I'm in the same boat as you were - lots of pitting and windshield wiper scratches, and I have the antenna running down the middle (but no rain sensor). I have previous experience with Safelite on a car I used to own, and they did great work!

·
Registered
549 Posts
we are on restricted movement orders by the government to prevent the spread of COVID-19...no going out for casual drives...

so just started her up and brought her up to temperature to let the flat-6 purr a little before taking a nap :)
Take care there. I think we should be headed to lock down here soon as well.

·
Registered
399 Posts
7381 - 7400 of 7569 Posts