Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7401 - 7419 of 7419 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Couple of things! Put Sliplo skid plates on and replaced the lower black bumper trims. Couldn’t be happier with the results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually for the garage for the Cayman - I have a MaxJax installed and usually have to reposition it so it is equally spaced left to right to insure equal loading. Obviously a little OCD and the lift will certainly tolerate a few inches off center line but...it bothers me when off center.
So I purchased a line laser, power supply and remote control to set up a visible guide to properly center the car between the lift posts. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
2008 Porsche Cayman S
26 Posts
Actually for the garage for the Cayman - I have a MaxJax installed and usually have to reposition it so it is equally spaced left to right to insure equal loading. Obviously a little OCD and the lift will certainly tolerate a few inches off center line but...it bothers me when off center.
So I purchased a line laser, power supply and remote control to set up a visible guide to properly center the car between the lift posts. Works like a charm. View attachment 267467
Brilliant! I need the laser in my garage!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had another thought besides brilliant. How about a crossing LASER that crosses where the hood emblem is located once you have pulled forward to the correct point?
It could be done. But not sure if you could see the cross from the drivers seat. The existing line (depending on the mounting angle on wall or ceiling) shines through the windshield and down the center console and dash top. Makes it easier to adjust while still in the car.

·
Registered
2008 Porsche Cayman S
26 Posts
True, How about crossing on the dash. There is that little black thing in the center? Just being OCD . Love the laser, I am looking fir one that would work in my garage.

·
Registered
2008 Porsche Cayman S
26 Posts
It could be done. But not sure if you could see the cross from the drivers seat. The existing line (depending on the mounting angle on wall or ceiling) shines through the windshield and down the center console and dash top. Makes it easier to adjust while still in the car.
True, How about crossing on the dash. There is that little black thing in the center? Just being OCD . Love the laser, I am looking fir one that would work in my garage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cross lasers exist so that could be done. You could also use a line laser and a second dot laser - your choice.
I bought mine from apinex.com. Here's a link for their cross lasers as well as the power supply:
Red Cross Lines Laser Modules
You'll want the brightest laser you can get since daytime lighting will usually wash out the red light from the laser. 5mW is usually bright enough.
You'll need a mounting bracket and an on/off switch. Apinex also sells a mounting bracket. The On/Off can be handled by the remote or a separate switch which controls the power supply outlet. I prefer the Remote method since I like to park it while behind the wheel.
As far as remote control, I used a LiftMaster 825LM so I can use the third button on my in car remote (assuming you have a version of the MyQ LiftMaster garage door opener) to turn the laser on or off.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Like the mats
I went with Coco red/black mats on my white Spyder with garnet interior

·
Registered
29 Posts
That sounds cool Augie, mine have these logos on them and the drivers side has a red heel protector I like them. I love the car, may sound dumb but this spyder is the only car I want to have forever. You have the bigger motor but I'm happy with the 3.4 unit, it has more than I can use without going to jail, looks like I need to vacuum tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I can understand that; I had my 981 Spyder which for me is lifetime almost 4 years. Considering that I had 5 cars last year. The only car I had longer was my first new Porsche a 2000 Boxster S; the first year of the S for which I was on the waiting list. Finally got it for New Year's after waiting 9 months. Could have gotten it for Christmas but delayed because the luxury tax went down for the new year which saved me $6000. I had that car for 8 years.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Kind of miss that car since traded for a White/Black 2019 Corvette Grand Sport on 11/29 Black Friday but I'll it less once I get my 2021 C8 Elkhart Lake Blue/Natural Corvette.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My brother likes Vettes, he has an old one, it's pretty cool. Those cars, especially the one you are procuring look like awesome vehicles, enjoy the ride. I hope we can all take some trips this summer, hard to say right now.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I hear you.
And both Chevy and Porsche's factories are closed. Who knows when things will free up again; numbers continue to get worse.

·
Registered
993 Posts
We had another couple over for dinner last month, Dan, the husband is a little OCD, showed up with his garage queen Corvette, 3000 miles, 2015, 6 MT, 600 hp etc. Wanted me to drive it, but refused to get into my Porsche. He likes US hp. So, a 10 mile round trip, with his red car. Not totally enjoyable to me as the rear tires were completely useless. He needed 2 more inches of rubber patch to control the wheel spin in second and third gear. Maybe be great as a garage queen, but really on the open road, especially with twisty curves, not adequate at all. May car is planted with large RE71R's from last years auto cross that I am using up. Kind of noisy though. I got some rubber softener (Pro blend Premium Hot Lap) to put some life back into the tires as a test. They have more than 50% left across their face even with my camber.

If that adds more grip to the old tires, I will coat my Hoosier A7's with it as they rest in their air tight bags, ready to go this summer.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Couple of things! Put Sliplo skid plates on and replaced the lower black bumper trims. Couldn’t be happier with the results.
Please show us your Sliplo skid plates. I am interested as my LN deep sump skid plate is taking a beating on speed bumps. Other skid plates may be helpful as well, especially if they are sacrificial.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replaced the AOS today; not the easy job I thought it would be. But then, I'm not as young as I used to be either! Most hated aspect was my detestable trouble light. Never shines where I want it to!

Btw, I can't figure out why there are two intake tubes on the top of the engine. What route does induction air take from air filter to cylinder?

7401 - 7419 of 7419 Posts