Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7521 - 7540 of 7581 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
22 Posts
Put a new Interstate 94R battery in it today and went out for an obligatory spirited drive to ensure that the PASM was still working after the warning light came on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a local detailer do it for me. I bought it used and there were some problems as the prior owner took great care of the mechanics, but not as much the finish. Now it will be easy for me to keep it up. It was a three step process and included a clay bar, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
'07 Cayman 'S'
55 Posts
Washed it, then drove down to the local gas station to grab a pack of smokes yesterday evening. I was traveling at the posted speed limit of 35 (I typically do, or just a few over - in town ... don't want any tickets) and it amazes to see everybody else doing at least 10 or more over the posted speed limit these days. Funny thing, when I arrived at a traffic signal a mile up the road, all those vehicles were stuck at the red signal - and I chuckled as I made a right hand turn.

Leaving the station, I was slowly heading northbound in the slow lane, when a Nissan Pathfinder zoomed past me. Right about then, I started slowing down for a couple fire trucks coming towards the next intersection from the southbound lanes. The driver of the Pathfinder must have been surprised as the fire trucks turned left in front of us at the intersection. I was already stopped - the Pathfinder had to slam on the brakes - again I chuckled.

For some reason, when the light turned green, I had an urge to show the Pathfinder's driver what fast really was. I blasted off - hit redline in first, redline in second, then shifted into third and slowed down to the posted speed limit (45) - about 30 car lengths ahead of him - got my third chuckle of the evening. I'm still amazed at how quick this 3.4L is.

That is all ... lol

Washed Cayman 6-13-20.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Damn! A jag did that to me once. I'm kinda surprised. Aren/t all porsche stock tips PSE and otherwise supposed to be flushed with the bumper to prevent this?
Not flush on mine. I suppose it's possible the previous owner extended it out a tad. Looks stock to me, though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Washed it, then drove down to the local gas station to grab a pack of smokes yesterday evening. I was traveling at the posted speed limit of 35 (I typically do, or just a few over - in town ... don't want any tickets) and it amazes to see everybody else doing at least 10 or more over the posted speed limit these days. Funny thing, when I arrived at a traffic signal a mile up the road, all those vehicles were stuck at the red signal - and I chuckled as I made a right hand turn.

Leaving the station, I was slowly heading northbound in the slow lane, when a Nissan Pathfinder zoomed past me. Right about then, I started slowing down for a couple fire trucks coming towards the next intersection from the southbound lanes. The driver of the Pathfinder must have been surprised as the fire trucks turned left in front of us at the intersection. I was already stopped - the Pathfinder had to slam on the brakes - again I chuckled.

For some reason, when the light turned green, I had an urge to show the Pathfinder's driver what fast really was. I blasted off - hit redline in first, redline in second, then shifted into third and slowed down to the posted speed limit (45) - about 30 car lengths ahead of him - got my third chuckle of the evening. I'm still amazed at how quick this 3.4L is.

That is all ... lol

View attachment 269062
Yeah.. the 3.4 sure isn't the fastest on straights but it sure ain't slow as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Changed my oil today. Cut open the NAPA Gold 1024 oil filter; those things are not designed to be opened up! :)

Refilled the crankcase with Mobil 1. Probably will switch to LiquiMoly when my Mobil 1 supply is used up. Just because, LM is more expensive, so it has to be good!!!

It's a Porsche ... spare no expense.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You can order a oil filter cutter from LN. They suggest you cut it open after every oil change. Mobil 1 makes a product FS on the label that works very well in our cars. Amazon affiliates carries it as do a few others. Its not that much more its just formulated to withstand lots of pressure (#6 rod bearing) when heated and oil pressure drops from viscosity being effected by the heat or high G forces causing oil starvation. This oil can withstand some of that mistreatment. RAT/540 reviewed 200 oils, look up his blog and read about friction/wear/heat etc. Then look at each oil that he tested and his results. You will be amazed at the different formulations which separate the different oils.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can order a oil filter cutter from LN. They suggest you cut it open after every oil change. Mobil 1 makes a product FS on the label that works very well in our cars. Amazon affiliates carries it as do a few others. Its not that much more its just formulated to withstand lots of pressure (#6 rod bearing) when heated and oil pressure drops from viscosity being effected by the heat or high G forces causing oil starvation. This oil can withstand some of that mistreatment. RAT/540 reviewed 200 oils, look up his blog and read about friction/wear/heat etc. Then look at each oil that he tested and his results. You will be amazed at the different formulations which separate the different oils.
Thank you for this info!! Will research it!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Get a Porsche tequipment roof rack. Then you do not have to worry about how much mud your have on your wheels, bike. It attached to the roof frame slots with solid alu mounting plugs that insert into the roof slots. Then the crossmember uprights fit over these solid plugs. Its much more stable than a sealsucker system. I know it will withstand sideways motion up a bumpy back country road going full out with my bike overhead. It will carry up to 140 lbs.
DSC_0008.JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took apart the hatch trim to resolve the various rattles emanating from that area. Nerve-wracking work to pry those plastic pieces off. (I'll post more details of what I found, as well as some questions in the "Problems and Complaints" forum.)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Took apart the hatch trim to resolve the various rattles emanating from that area. Nerve-wracking work to pry those plastic pieces off. (I'll post more details of what I found, as well as some questions in the "Problems and Complaints" forum.)
Pls do. I get some light high pitched ratting but seems to go away after the car is all warmed up or in the sun for a while which softens the plastic bits I'm guessing.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
22 Posts
Get a Porsche tequipment roof rack. Then you do not have to worry about how much mud your have on your wheels, bike. It attached to the roof frame slots with solid alu mounting plugs that insert into the roof slots. Then the crossmember uprights fit over these solid plugs. Its much more stable than a sealsucker system. I know it will withstand sideways motion up a bumpy back country road going full out with my bike overhead. It will carry up to 140 lbs.
The Tequipment rack is on my list. Admittedly I'm waiting to find a used setup though, the ~$800 price tag isn't terribly appealing...

7521 - 7540 of 7581 Posts