Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7541 - 7560 of 7581 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I waited as well and got mine from a P9 ad. Paid $200 including a mountain bike rack from Texas. Then I called Suncoast Porsche for the wind gaskets around the feet of the rack. I also had to refresh the locking plugs. Now it works great, no worries about my bike falling off.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ohlin R&T lowered 36 passenger side and 34 drivers side due to corner cross balance measurements.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ohlin R&T coilovers, lowered 36 passenger side and 34 drivers side due to corner cross balance measurements.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Cayman 'S'
55 Posts
The Tequipment rack is on my list. Admittedly I'm waiting to find a used setup though, the ~$800 price tag isn't terribly appealing...
I have a RAD Mini, folding bicycle but haven't had the opportunity to try stuffing it in through rear hatch ... yet. If I ever need to haul more then one bike, I'll have to think about a roof rack.

I don't know if the Yakima racks fit all year Caymans, but this is what I found: https://www.etrailer.com/multi-product.aspx?pc1=Y00408&pc2=Y00148&pc3=Y03536&pc4=Y00233&pc5=Y00233&VehicleID=20071588598&HHYear=2007&HHMake=Porsche&HHModel=Cayman

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
22 Posts
It should fit all MY 987's. I had searched Thule and came up empty, good to see that Yakima has an option. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Friday from Asheville Northeast to Little Switzerland and back. AMAZING drive and view. Finally got to see what the car feels like when actually pushed, and was surprised how well the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric all-seasons did. I highly recommend BRP if you get the opportunity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After my first night run, I realized my Bi-Xenon headlights were pointing down about 10 feet in front of the car. After some research and finding a 5mm hex that was long enough, I can now see beyond 10ft, which is nice.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,820 Posts
After my first night run, I realized my Bi-Xenon headlights were pointing down about 10 feet in front of the car. After some research and finding a 5mm hex that was long enough, I can now see beyond 10ft, which is nice.
IDK if your car has been lowered or not. If it has, then the headlamp auto-leveling feature may need to be reset to "zero", as it were. This happened to my Mazda3 after I lowered it, and thanks to the online knowledge base I was able to recalibrate the function using a simple procedure. IDK how it's done on a Porsche, tho...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
IDK if your car has been lowered or not. If it has, then the headlamp auto-leveling feature may need to be reset to "zero", as it were. This happened to my Mazda3 after I lowered it, and thanks to the online knowledge base I was able to recalibrate the function using a simple procedure. IDK how it's done on a Porsche, tho...
My car is not lowered. According to carfax it had damage in the front (not listed as an accident) back in 2017. I know the right radiator was replaced and I suspect the front bumper and possably the hood as well. All repairs look to be done very well. If headlights were replaced, that might explain it, but who knows really. I was not able to find anything regarding an auto leveling feature, although they do do the dip and raise thing like most Bi-Xenons. Now that I have the right tool, they are very easy to adjust.

Cheers

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S, Manual, Sport Chrono +, PASM, Bose Surround
6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S, Manual, Sport Chrono +, PASM, Bose Surround
6 Posts
Those wheels are awesome! I had not seen them, before. Were they a Factory upgrade? Or aftermarket? They would look SWEET on my Arctic Silver CS!!
Would love to see more pics from the side or angles that allow more of a view of them! Love the color of the car, as well!

·
Registered
215 Posts
An OCD 60,000 mile service (done early of course at 58,500 miles.) Did the PDK oil change at around 57,000 miles. The past 2 days were: oil/filter change (5,600 miles on the old stuff, new oil Pensotin 5W40); air-filter change (miles unknown, but it looked as clean as the one going in..); water pump change (58,500 miles - still seemed smooth. Tiny bit of play); thermostat replacement (old one kept gauge at 175F, new one keeps it at 175F, direct engine temp according to diagnostics tool 85C); coolant swap out (old looked fine, new looked equally as fine, Zerex G40); coolant cap for engine reservoir (old one had some crust around it, indicating leakage, new one doesn't); replaced AOS (had a new one, so it got installed, PITA job - really); serpentine belt and idler (because the belt was coming off anyway, and a new idler sounded like a good idea. And an idler tensioner.) Brake fluid flush because I have no idea when it was done last.

And I dusted the engine, and got to use the new vacuum lift coolant filler I bought my mechanic (since it would have taken him about an hour farting around trying to get the system refilled - and the vacuum lift was less than his hourly charge, buying this and giving it to him was actually a net gain for me. And for him - he has a new toy.

Most of these items are OCD-preventative items. Nothing was actually wrong with the car. The engine sounded VERY sweet with all the access panels open, sitting in the drivers seat with it spinning away 6" behind me.

Satisfying 2 days of work.

Reactions: Radman73
7541 - 7560 of 7581 Posts