Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7561 - 7580 of 7581 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
22 Posts
Replaced the stock, cleft chin exhaust outlet with a 981 Sebring tip. Shed a few lbs off of the exhaust too. The style change was a dice roll since it doesn't match the valance but it'll do until a proper full system shows up.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
22 Posts
It looks like it is upside down. It would fit the space better.
If the 981 tip wasn't slash cut and protruded from the bottom when mounted to fit the valance, it would be mounted to fit the valance (instead of the offsetting trapezoids). I'll fabricate a new one sometime down the road, I like the look of the brushed stainless trapezoid when filling the valance correctly. There is a subtle sound and flow increase with it for now, shows how awful the stock unit is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Over the last couple weeks I’ve been getting to know my car. Air and cabin filter, clear side markers with amber LED, cleaned up the engine a little, RGS front and side grills, ripped out restricter plate, and swapped OEM to carnewal. Anyone looking for an OEM cat back:)

·
Registered
2006 CS manual
22 Posts
noticed PSAM holes in the front wheel well, so ordered some plastic sheetmetal covers and plugged them up.

·
Registered
'07 Cayman 'S'
55 Posts
After my first night run, I realized my Bi-Xenon headlights were pointing down about 10 feet in front of the car. After some research and finding a 5mm hex that was long enough, I can now see beyond 10ft, which is nice.
I have a 'headlight out of adjustment' message on the dash readout, but the headlights appear to be aimed just fine. How do I go about extinguishing the message? ... or what should I check in the headlight assemblies to determine why the message is showing up in the first place ???

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
22 Posts
Discovered that I had been running a set of the Option 448 Sport pads up front (which explains the copious amounts of brake dust), and exchanged them for a set of EBC Reds and Pagid HC rotors with matching pad springs (the 448s run a different pad spring). Installed EBC Reds in the rear as well. Also discovered that my passenger side front lower wheel well is shattered... Lovely.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Its not the end of the world as the wind deflectors attached to the inner panel are easily replaced and affordable. On line from many sources. I routinely hit these defectors on going across my sidewalk from the street. I replace them every few years as the wear away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 'headlight out of adjustment' message on the dash readout, but the headlights appear to be aimed just fine. How do I go about extinguishing the message? ... or what should I check in the headlight assemblies to determine why the message is showing up in the first place ???
I did not have a headlight out of adjustment light on the dash, just saw that they were massively too low. The only way I would think to get rid of the message would be a obd code reader (durametric, icarsoft etc).

Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Planet -9ers
This is my first time posting here. I got my 2008 Cayman S in October of last year. It sat in the garage for most of last winter, but I've been doing a little mod here and there since spring. On Sunday I did an AutoX at MetLife, NJ. Needless to say it was a lot of fun! I've been doing AutoX off and on over the past 7 years roughly. Here's the in car video of I think my last run. The Soul exhaust was installed about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey Planet -9ers
This is my first time posting here. I got my 2008 Cayman S in October of last year. It sat in the garage for most of last winter, but I've been doing a little mod here and there since spring. On Sunday I did an AutoX at MetLife, NJ. Needless to say it was a lot of fun! I've been doing AutoX off and on over the past 7 years roughly. Here's the in car video of I think my last run. The Soul exhaust was installed about 2 weeks ago.
AutoX 7/5/20 MetLife last run
The link you posted isn't correct. Might I suggest you go to wherever it's hosted and using their provided link for sharing. Most services will share right to a forum (allowing opening the video in the forum.) Easier to do and pretty bulletproof.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The link you posted isn't correct. Might I suggest you go to wherever it's hosted and using their provided link for sharing. Most services will share right to a forum (allowing opening the video in the forum.) Easier to do and pretty bulletproof.
Deilenberger,
Thanks for letting me know. I changed the setting to Public.

7561 - 7580 of 7581 Posts