Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7581 - 7600 of 7622 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hey Planet -9ers
This is my first time posting here. I got my 2008 Cayman S in October of last year. It sat in the garage for most of last winter, but I've been doing a little mod here and there since spring. On Sunday I did an AutoX at MetLife, NJ. Needless to say it was a lot of fun! I've been doing AutoX off and on over the past 7 years roughly. Here's the in car video of I think my last run. The Soul exhaust was installed about 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for sharong. Now I know what an autocross circuit looks like...

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
924 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
29 Posts
I think I need to do this myself before too long. Any tips and tricks would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure! Keep your driver side window down as you'll need to turn the wheel lock-to-lock for clearance, use a quality ball joint separator (not a pickle fork!) and an accurate torque wrench capable of 118 ft-lbs, Porsche put plenty of flex-agent in the brake cooling ducts so don't be afraid to twist them during removal and installation, and wear hearing protection when using the ball joint separator as it sounds like a gun shot when the taper releases from the upright. Other than that, replacement is pretty straight forward and good luck!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was supposed to be on a PCA meet and drive but the remnants of tropical storm Fay were overhead so decided to open everything up. Checked the water pump, pulleys, belt, power steering fluid and did a little detailing in the engine compartment.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
29 Posts
I was supposed to be on a PCA meet and drive but the remnants of tropical storm Fay were overhead so decided to open everything up. Checked the water pump, pulleys, belt, power steering fluid and did a little detailing in the engine compartment.
Nicely done. What did you use to detail the engine?

·
Registered
153 Posts
idrivemyself, it was raining pretty good so I had to work inside. I just used 303 Protectant, which I also use on (the non-leather portion of) my interior. Normally I would have got in there with some degreaser and a pressure washer but that wasn't happening today. I could have done a better job but I was kind of just killing some time in the garage.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Actually - it was yesterday.. haven't been in the garage yet today..

BEFORE:

AFTER:

AFTER:

passenger after.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
Those look great! I could use new mats for my Blue interior as well. If I may, what type of phone mount is that?

Cheers,
Thanks. I'm not a huge fan of the dark blue interior - so I'm working on making it a bit lighter in appearance. That was step 1. Next will probably be painting the console in body color (Carrera white).. I think that will make a big difference. The phone mount is.. (going to the garage to look..) ProClipUSA. You buy it in 2 parts. The mount to the car is one, and then a custom phone mount - with optional charging built-in - is the 2nd. You just screw them together when you get them. Works quite well - if you have an easily removal case on the phone.

Reactions: RedTex

·
Registered
234 Posts
Reactions: Proj_356_B

·
Registered
'07 Cayman 'S'
73 Posts
I did not have a headlight out of adjustment light on the dash, just saw that they were massively too low. The only way I would think to get rid of the message would be a obd code reader (durametric, icarsoft etc).

Good luck.
The code reader isn't allowing me to perform a reset. Further reading and watching some videos on Youtube suggest to check sensors mounted to the front and rear control arms. Most of the time, the plastic bracket(s) that the sensor(s) mount to break, and replacing the bracket(s) typically takes care of the problem. I haven't checked them yet ... other vehicles are occupying my lifts right now.

7581 - 7600 of 7622 Posts