Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7621 - 7640 of 7785 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
95 Posts
I've had luck with previous car's rubber seals using NAPA Sil-Glyde. The stuff is made for rubber and a tube will last you 10 years. Rubber stays soft (I apply it once a year) as well as keeping its black color.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S and 2010 GT3
240 Posts
Today, on Craig’s list I bought a 987 brand new in the box tri-guard Porsche car cover for..... 40.00!! It was at a local thrift store... how’s that for a wild score!?!? Big question, how did it get there!?!?

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
95 Posts
I finally took possession of my '08 CS last night. First thing I did was to check the tires and, of course, the dealer had aired them up to stratospheric proportions. Set them to 30f/36r as per the door sticker and then proceeded to get my first dash warning experience....underinflated tires... '-4' front left and right! Plus the big red '!' sign. Of course, at this point the car is new enough to me that I don't know the ins, outs and frustrations of everything, so I re-check the pressures (they were set correctly), drove it (with the warnings still big and bold). Then parked it for the night and read the owners manual...which in itself is an exercise in frustrations. 'Push the lower lever forward, pull the lower lever back'....is forward towards me? Forward as in towards the dash? Aaaargh! Live and learn.

So, this morning I go out to the garage, check the oil level, then proceed to reset the TPMS and start over. 19" summer tires, yada-yada. I then go for a short drive, dash is telling me that the TPMS isn't available because its 'relearning', but notice that both right side tires are showing correct pressures while left side are still blank '-'. Gotta go to work, so no time to drive further. We'll pick this up again when I get home tonight. Guess I'll find out if the system relearns when things are shut down, do I need to take if for another drive (I will anyway), or do I have to start over with the reset?

On a positive note, my box of maintenance items which I purchased from Rockauto is showing to arrive Friday, so I have a weekend project now!

Hmmmmm.....two Germans in the garage. I hope they get along!

I think this sticker is so cool....takes me back to when endurance racing was Big Stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally took possession of my '08 CS last night. First thing I did was to check the tires and, of course, the dealer had aired them up to stratospheric proportions. Set them to 30f/36r as per the door sticker and then proceeded to get my first dash warning experience....underinflated tires... '-4' front left and right! Plus the big red '!' sign. Of course, at this point the car is new enough to me that I don't know the ins, outs and frustrations of everything, so I re-check the pressures (they were set correctly), drove it (with the warnings still big and bold). Then parked it for the night and read the owners manual...which in itself is an exercise in frustrations. 'Push the lower lever forward, pull the lower lever back'....is forward towards me? Forward as in towards the dash? Aaaargh! Live and learn.

So, this morning I go out to the garage, check the oil level, then proceed to reset the TPMS and start over. 19" summer tires, yada-yada. I then go for a short drive, dash is telling me that the TPMS isn't available because its 'relearning', but notice that both right side tires are showing correct pressures while left side are still blank '-'. Gotta go to work, so no time to drive further. We'll pick this up again when I get home tonight. Guess I'll find out if the system relearns when things are shut down, do I need to take if for another drive (I will anyway), or do I have to start over with the reset?

On a positive note, my box of maintenance items which I purchased from Rockauto is showing to arrive Friday, so I have a weekend project now!

View attachment 269921

I think this sticker is so cool....takes me back to when endurance racing was Big Stuff.
View attachment 269922
Congrats on the new car. Had the same thing when I put new rear tires on my 987. The relearning took a bit, but the TPMS finally gathered the information.

LOL..when I was reading through the owners manual I finally just put it down and drank a couple beers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought a new:

1- FVD sport catback exhaust
2-Evoms air filter
3- stage 2 FVD remap
4- racing brake front rebuild kit
5- recaro seats

To my 2012 Cayman R

@flatcylinders /Instagram

·
Registered
885 Posts

View attachment 269921

View attachment 269922
Drive it. Takes quite a while for the relearn sometimes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Serviced the transmission and dif.
Got rid of the base head unit..... what a poopshow that was.
I got the fiber optic cables from crutchfield and my amazing head unit sounds no different from stock.

.....but I have maps, a rear cam and android auto at least

Also,
New plate.

Still contemplating an ecu flash....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice side skirts and front lip. Can you share more info and better pics pls. Any matching kit for the rear bumper?
I am about to be made fun of and I dont care haha ;)... The side skirt and front lip... universal kit off ebay for like $120 hahaha! Saw it on another members and loved it! Exact Link :

didnt see anything for the rear but im sure there is.

Here are some more pics, not wonderful lighting but hopefully you can see better :)

Attachments

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am about to be made fun of and I dont care haha ;)... The side skirt and front lip... universal kit off ebay for like $120 hahaha! Saw it on another members and loved it! Exact Link :

didnt see anything for the rear but im sure there is.

Here are some more pics, not wonderful lighting but hopefully you can see better :)
Don;t matter to me too. I think it looks good. I'm neutral to the center section of the front lip but I think the front sides and side skirts look great. Aero wise, I don;t drive fast enough for long enough or track to be overly concerned with aero. Only wind tunnel (supposed) tested aero thing I've added are the Verus dive planes and I've yet to go on a drive long enough or fast enough to see if it really helps reduce the high speed front end floatiness I installed them for.

So the lip and side skirt you have.. direct fit or you had to shorten etc and if so, how? Can you take a close up pic of the shortened ends if indeed they had to be shortened.

Again, looks good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don;t matter to me too. I think it looks good. I'm neutral to the center section of the front lip but I think the front sides and side skirts look great. Aero wise, I don;t drive fast enough for long enough or track to be overly concerned with aero. Only wind tunnel (supposed) tested aero thing I've added are the Verus dive planes and I've yet to go on a drive long enough or fast enough to see if it really helps reduce the high speed front end floatiness I installed them for.

So the lip and side skirt you have.. direct fit or you had to shorten etc and if so, how? Can you take a close up pic of the shortened ends if indeed they had to be shortened.

Again, looks good.
I appreciate it! I too do not track my car and is just my daily driver. So never really going too fast.. i might have hit 115mph on the toll way and saw or felt no issues. Im not sure if it had to be shortened I had a body shop install them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Prpennin - OT love your watch, what is it?

Boom.

Nice piece.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

7621 - 7640 of 7785 Posts