Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7835 Posts

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
930 Posts
My rear hatch can't go up that high.
It can, at least as long as you have a 987.

It’s called the “service position” for the hatch, and it is reached by pushing up on the hatch after it reaches it’s normal open position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
It can, at least as long as you have a 987.

It’s called the “service position” for the hatch, and it is reached by pushing up on the hatch after it reaches it’s normal open position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it. Thanks. Shows you how much I work on the engine LOL. It opens enough for my golf bag and that was all I was concerned about ...

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I ordered the Shift Right solution and cable end combo for my 987.2. Saved $ on the sale too

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Looks great Slingshot. What did you use? How did you apply? Looks like it may have been messy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Raggtop was the product chosen.
I looked at the 203 stuff and a few other (zymol) roof conditioners and treatments and the ragg top stuff seemed the best.

I will post a separate how-to thread as I didn't find much other than a rather mediocre YouTube video.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I added CERATEC Liquid Moly to the motor oil yesterday and drove 100 miles of beautiful mixed back country & canyon roads today most of which was newly paved. 60º, top down, heated seat on broil. It doesn't get much better than this. (y)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I added CERATEC Liquid Moly to the motor oil yesterday and drove 100 miles of beautiful mixed back country & canyon roads today most of which was newly paved. 60º, top down, heated seat on broil. It doesn't get much better than this. (y)
Just curious, why did you add CERATEC Liquid Moly to the engine oil? Is there something it's supposed to be fixing?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Ceratec is a German engineered oil additive. It is proven to reduce friction when added to the regular motor oil. Since we know friction is the enemy - I add Ceretec to all my cars.
It is my way of showing the flat 6 a little love... and I feel more confident revving it and pushing it a bit knowing it has the best lubrication I can supply. Motor love is a 2 way street.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ceratec is a German engineered oil additive. It is proven to reduce friction when added to the regular motor oil. Since we know friction is the enemy - I add Ceretec to all my cars.
It is my way of showing the flat 6 a little love... and I feel more confident revving it and pushing it a bit knowing it has the best lubrication I can supply. Motor love is a 2 way street.
Proven by whom? If it was that great an additive Porsche would recommend it, and oil manufacturers would add it to their oil and sell the oil at a premium.

Interesting test of it (as all his tests are)
You can draw your own conclusions.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
And I have been using it for years. No motor problems so I did draw my own conclusions. Coincidence? Maybe.

We need approval from the the same engineers that brought us gen 1, 2 , 3 IMS bearings !? Oh no ...... LMAO

·
Registered
349 Posts
And I have been using it for years. No motor problems so I did draw my own conclusions. Coincidence? Maybe.

We need approval from the the same engineers that brought us gen 1, 2 , 3 IMS bearings !? Oh no ...... LMAO
Would there have been motor problems if you weren't using it? Doubtful. If it makes you feel good - go for it. The thing that test did demonstrate more or less is that it isn't harmful, at least short term to the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
There are tons of these super additive tests around. Don't know if any are any good but if this has proved successful for you great. Not sure how you prove it is successful ?
Using it and not having a engine problem ? Probably many who didn't do anything other than use Mobil 1 or xyz oil could claim the same success.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
125 Posts
I am still chasing an oil leak on an ‘08 Cayman S, 49k miles. The car had been leak free until a few weeks ago. I thought for sure it would be the crankcase breather hose on the bottom of the AOS, but that area was dry! There is oil in the the various pipes coming from the AOS (more than just a misting), yet the car idles smoothly and doesn’t smoke at all. I changed the oil in late August and ever since, the oil level has been at the first bar below the top.
Yet yesterday, for the first time, it showed full to the top! Drove it and let things set for a few hours and it was back to the first line from the top. So don’t know if I overfilled (and can I remove some oil with an extractor thru the fill port?).
Regardless, there is a very small drip coming down off the passenger side air scoop under the chassis in the lower-rear portion of the engine is wet with oil.
I’m thinking I will change the AOS as a maintenance job but not so sure that’s my issue ( unless oil in those breather pipes can leak out?).

7761 - 7780 of 7835 Posts