Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

8101 - 8120 of 8138 Posts

·
Registered
Cayman 987.2 2.9 PDK
239 Posts
Bravo.. as good as new like its out of the showroom!!

Finally.
991 PDK wheel, airbag and control module in and coded.
997 Turbo Sports seats installed.

GT3 master cylinder and stainless steel line upgrade this weekend.
SoulPP headers as well in next few days

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
T R A N S F O R M I N G

Maybe not direct-connect fantastic, like an S2000 or my little Mazdarati, but SO much better than the luxurious-but-rubber shifting of the otherwise German masterpiece. :)

Will be driving console-less for a few days while I wait for a fresh and pristine console to arrive from another inmate on rennlist. (wiring harness plugged in to avoid computer complaints)

I've addressed almost every tiny little flaw in this 987 Boxster. Last thing is paint correction. Really really enjoying the labor. It's a great car to work on.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Went to Laguna Seca yesterday with Hooked on Driving. Amazing experience! They try and pair you with a coach who has a similar car, my coach had over 30yrs experience and I learned a lot from him! It’s a lead/follow model, he had a 06 S, and spoke to me throughout over a Bluetooth headset he added to my helmet.

One car in B group crashed into the barrier and track was closed for over 30min. The driver was safe. An older BMW did a 360 by turn 2 and the coach and I had to avoid it, scary but taught me a lot of situational awareness.

The last session ended up going around the track solo and didn’t get lapped by the Spyder or GT3 RS so felt good!

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
479 Posts
Went to Laguna Seca yesterday with Hooked on Driving. Amazing experience! They try and pair you with a coach who has a similar car, my coach had over 30yrs experience and I learned a lot from him! It’s a lead/follow model, he had a 06 S, and spoke to me throughout over a Bluetooth headset he added to my helmet.

One car in B group crashed into the barrier and track was closed for over 30min. The driver was safe. An older BMW did a 360 by turn 2 and the coach and I had to avoid it, scary but taught me a lot of situational awareness.

The last session ended up going around the track solo and didn’t get lapped by the Spyder or GT3 RS so felt good!

View attachment 273961

View attachment 273962
If you don’t have the 3rd radiator or oil injector for the IMS, be careful with that motor... just saying..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not too worried, 2007 has a stronger IMS. LN deep oil sump if needed later on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The stronger bearing has nothing to do with it. It eventually lacks lubrication.
Not going to lose sleep over it. :)
Plan to do my best to mitigate, otherwise drive and enjoy it! As long as I walk away safely on the track (should anything happen) that’s what’s important.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Incurable Gearhead
986 Posts
Testor red paint and yes filled and wiped.looks much better
What a nice little touch. Years back I did my shifter and the + - on the steering wheel shift paddles with guards red to match the car. 🍻

·
Incurable Gearhead
986 Posts
To celebrate my little car’s 10th birthday I had it professionally paint corrected and ceramic coated. Holy cow, it’s the best the car’s ever looked! Check out mama’s reflection. 😊

8101 - 8120 of 8138 Posts