Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
8261 - 8280 of 8314 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
700 Posts
On mine I have the BBS SR 18 inch rims with 265/40/18 PS2. I also have 15mm spacers on. Front I have 7mm spacers and 245/40/18 PSS.
So that’s an effective +26mm offset isn’t it? I use to have those wheels with a 10mm spacer … i now have +30mm 19x10’s and wondering how much more spacer I can get with a 275 without rubbing…?
if you have better pics, would you mind shooting me some? Do you ever rub? How much camber?

Really nice car! Those other cars are silly expensive, yours is cooler.

·
Registered
856 Posts
So that’s an effective +26mm offset isn’t it? I use to have those wheels with a 10mm spacer … i now have +30mm 19x10’s and wondering how much more spacer I can get with a 275 without rubbing…?
if you have better pics, would you mind shooting me some? Do you ever rub? How much camber?

Thanks. I'd take the McLaren any day but since I have to ask about the maintenance cost of that.. well.. lol

More pics of before an after spacers here. Front then was 234/40/18 PS2s I think. No rubbing for mine and cant recall my camber but not aggressive by any means.

·
Registered
700 Posts
On the right twisties, I bet our humble Cayman could still out-gun the Mac and Raging Bull!
I get tired of all these hyper cars. There’s to many, the cost is stupid, you can’t leave them anywhere… I don’t know, there just not my thing. I was behind a Tributo the other day. It was amazing no doubt. They don’t leave that “ I want” sting like they use to for me… I’ll take my 997 any day… I don’t know.

Anyway, looked over that thread, the car looks real good. Those wheels look great on your car, didn’t like them on my gray car, tooooo much gray hahah. I’m probably going to try 15-18 or 20mm additional spacer.. I also hit up Apex, he knows that limit

·
Registered
856 Posts
I get tired of all these hyper cars. There’s to many, the cost is stupid, you can’t leave them anywhere… I don’t know, there just not my thing. I was behind a Tributo the other day. It was amazing no doubt. They don’t leave that “ I want” sting like they use to for me… I’ll take my 997 any day… I don’t know.

Anyway, looked over that thread, the car looks real good. Those wheels look great on your car, didn’t like them on my gray car, tooooo much gray hahah. I’m probably going to try 15-18 or 20mm additional spacer.. I also hit up Apex, he knows that limit
The Apex wheels look great too. It it wasn't for shipping cost to my shores, I would have gone with those.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The Apex wheels look great too. It it wasn't for shipping cost to my shores, I would have gone with those.
Ya they do look good.. they didn’t have what I wanted in silver or I would have gone that route, 10.5 or maybe even 11’s

·
Administrator
'11 Cayenne TT, '09 Boxster
687 Posts
Not knowing what a Tributo was.. I googled it. Imagine my surprise: OUTLET

There was also some mention of some Ferrari.. but out of the choices.. well... perhaps the non-Ferrari one is more interesting.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Where I am, in our segment, Porsches and Ferraris are rather common. Some hyper cars here but not overly much... yet.... I still lust for a Pagani or a Mclaren. The former is a much more rare unicorn on my shores. I think I have to settle for a dust collecting die cast model.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Where I am, in our segment, Porsches and Ferraris are rather common. Some hyper cars here but not overly much... yet.... I still lust for a Pagani or a Mclaren. The former is a much more rare unicorn on my shores. I think I have to settle for a dust collecting die cast model.
Hyper cars are common here… I have a GT3, and that’s as hyper as I ever go… I do like the R8, but I’m not ever buying one… Porsche does it best imo.
I am however considering a Lotus Emira… man what a car! That 2GR motor is a good one. I had one in my MR2

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
205 Posts
Motion one-way valve—who knew! On the way from Amazon!!
I use it for any brake bleeding / flush on my vehicles. You may have to attach a larger section of tubing from the bleed nipple to the valve as it is designed for motorcycles (which have smaller bleed nipples). I don't think it is truly a 'one-man' job on a car, as you need to make sure its not sucking air in, while another person pumps the pedal or uses the vacuum tank, but on a bike it is one-man. Much easier than opening and closing the nipple each time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I removed my old, beat-up splitters and installed a Joe Toth, sectional splitter. I gave it five coats of KBS Diamond Clear. Super high gloss and can withstand the harshest of road conditions. The splitter was a very easy install. I figured I would just drive the front end of the car onto my Rhino Ramps instead of using the Quick Jack. After I installed the splitter, I realized I might destroy it backing off of the ramps. Instead, I shallowed the slope by extending the ramps with lengths of 2x4. Crisis averted and very happy with the new splitter. Joe makes quality products.

8261 - 8280 of 8314 Posts