Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
8301 - 8314 of 8314 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
700 Posts
I've got similar scraping challenges with my front splitter. There are quite a few places I can;t go to with my Cayman due to over steep angles for the carpark entry and exits. Its a combination of the increased length from the splitter and being slightly lower due to the R springs.

Have you got a link for the rear splitter? As I ask, I imagine it posing similar curb scraping challenges for reverse parking.
Joe Toth is on Facebook, Demonspeed also carries it. I’d just go direct.
Your R springs are still a shade higher than the H&R’s… and yes, it’s the little fer front end. You front end reaches the curb and most cars fro t wheel has already touched the curb raising it.. that’s where are a challenge. I’d say if you can get the front over the curb the rear will be fine

·
Administrator
'11 Cayenne TT, '09 Boxster
687 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Closeup:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Really have to get ambitious and do something about the calipers.. they work great (flushed not long ago) but sure look ugly.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I like your little "987" decal, subtle and cool.

For the brake calipers, I think powder coating is the way to go. Don't have time to search right now but I'm pretty sure there was a thread on it here a few years ago.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
I like your little "987" decal, subtle and cool.

For the brake calipers, I think powder coating is the way to go. Don't have time to search right now but I'm pretty sure there was a thread on it here a few years ago.
Powder coating would be nice if I was rebuilding the entire brake system, but disassembling the calipers in order to get the powder coating done isn't on the calendar (I'm too old for that.. I might not last long enough to see it completed..) I'm thinking black high-temp brake paint, Porsche stickers and some clear-coat. Probably do it right on the car when I'm changing pads, clean, mask and paint. BTDT on my M cars and they usually held up for 3-5 years before looking like they needed it again. I'm not going for red since I think that's pretentious on a base model (although I guess that could be said about the dual exhaust tips too..)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Powder coating would be nice if I was rebuilding the entire brake system, but disassembling the calipers in order to get the powder coating done isn't on the calendar (I'm too old for that.. I might not last long enough to see it completed..) I'm thinking black high-temp brake paint, Porsche stickers and some clear-coat. Probably do it right on the car when I'm changing pads, clean, mask and paint. BTDT on my M cars and they usually held up for 3-5 years before looking like they needed it again. I'm not going for red since I think that's pretentious on a base model (although I guess that could be said about the dual exhaust tips too..)
I have a 2008 Boxster and my calipers look the same. I recently got samples from G2. I’ll probably go with the silver. It has a nice metallic look. No need for clear coating with G2 either.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
I have a 2008 Boxster and my calipers look the same. I recently got samples from G2. I’ll probably go with the silver. It has a nice metallic look. No need for clear coating with G2 either.
Who is G2? And the clear coat was to protect the Porsche decal.. not the paint.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
127 Posts
I was driving my Cayman S in a spirited manner today when I came across a lime green Challenger. Frankly a pretty hot looking car.

He was driving a bit behind me as we entered a series of round-e-bouts. I took them at Porsche speed and just looked back to see if he was there. He was, but instead of gracefully shooting out of the apex like I did, the Challenger fishtailed dramatically.

I smiled to myself, he can't hang with a flat six mid engined machine like mine. He pulled up along side me further down the road for an exchanged thumbs up that only fellow gear heads understand and we both drove off into the sunset.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Administrator
687 Posts
I smiled to myself, he can't hang with a flat six mid engined machine like mine. He pulled up along side me further down the road for an exchanged thumbs up that only fellow gear heads understand and we both drove off into the sunset.
The fishtailing might be his interpretation of performance driving. Some people seem to drive like that even in cars that could hold the corner.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I was driving my Cayman S in a spirited manner today when I came across a lime green Challenger. Frankly a pretty hot looking car.

He was driving a bit behind me as we entered a series of round-e-bouts. I took them at Porsche speed and just looked back to see if he was there. He was, but instead of gracefully shooting out of the apex like I did, the Challenger fishtailed dramatically.

View attachment 276165
Muscle cars have never been known for agility. Could also be the drivers behind the wheels are of a different skill level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a Challenger a few years ago.
It was just as much to drive as my Cayman, just in a different way.

Every corner I tried to get it sideways.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Installed the body color painted trim.. it now matches the console and roll-hoops.

Reactions: Croc'ed

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've been under Covid house arrest for a few weeks. So I was thrilled just to finally get out.
When I went to the barn, I knew that I was going to take the Boxster today. I was looking for some analog top down pleasure.

It was dusty and smudgey, being its black and been sitting uncovered for a month. But one squirt of the wiper fluid cleared the glass just fine.

Nothing beats rowing through those flat6 gears and hearing that song. Just what the doctor ordered!

Of course I'm preaching to the choir. Lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

8301 - 8314 of 8314 Posts