Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
8641 - 8660 of 8710 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cayman S, Sport Chrono
76 Posts
I’m sorry I don’t have any before pictures. I took a bunch of them on my phone and my phone crashed. I was really surprised how the Magic Mender did work. The color matched perfectly. My intention was to pull all the pieces out and re spray them all but instead I cleaned the scratched areas with Simple Green and then wiped them down with alcohol. I then touched them up with my air brush gun. It took between 3 and 4 light coats to the affected but now you can’t even tell it had any damage. I’ll give it a bit of time to see how it holds up. Next winter I may end up stripping down the pieces and re spray them but right now I am quite happy with the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So you used an air brush gun with Magic Mender paint?

·
Registered
2008 Porsche Cayman S
146 Posts
I’m sorry I don’t have any before pictures. I took a bunch of them on my phone and my phone crashed. I was really surprised how the Magic Mender did work. The color matched perfectly. My intention was to pull all the pieces out and re spray them all but instead I cleaned the scratched areas with Simple Green and then wiped them down with alcohol. I then touched them up with my air brush gun. It took between 3 and 4 light coats to the affected but now you can’t even tell it had any damage. I’ll give it a bit of time to see how it holds up. Next winter I may end up stripping down the pieces and re spray them but right now I am quite happy with the results.

If I understand you, you used an air brush and the "Mender" product to spray the scratches and blend away the damage on the "Soft Touch" Surfaces. Is that accurate?

·
Registered
138 Posts
At least one more inquiring mind would like to know. :) And pics once your phone is working again would be most welcome.(y)

Best,
George
I’m dropping off my phone at the repair shop today and am hoping they can at least back up my photos and contacts. If they can I will post more pictures asap.

Chris

·
Administrator
1,354 Posts

Link for "Magic Mender"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
They're Godspeed coilovers with built in front camber plates. I'm using adjustable rear toe arms with the stock rear camber arms, which have been good for rear camber adjustments between -1° and -4°. I share the general opinion of Godspeed products and if these last me two seasons, I'll be surprised and happy... I bought them for a ridiculously low price, brand new in box with warranty, previously opened and returned.

I'm honestly very impressed... Compared to my experience with H&R, Bilstein, and K&W on Ford, Mazda, and Volvo, I would consider these better than H&R and Bilstein, but time will tell. The amount of adjustability has allowed me to test various settings over the last few weeks and dial in something that is comfortable, sits the way I want, responds very well to the road, and isn't bouncy.

Install took about 2 hours and adjustments only take seconds.

I fully expect that I'll have to replace these in the not-so-distant future. But considering that they cost me less than 20% of any other 987 coilovers (many with less adjustment options), these will hold me off for the next year. In the meantime, it's nice having something with adjustable dampening, lowering, and the built in camber plates.

There are 2 models of coilovers made by Godspeed. They have the MONORS and the MAXX. May I know which model that you have? How many miles have you put on the Godspeed coilovers so far? Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
1,496 Posts
Silly add on, but thought that my pretty diffuser kinda got lost in the shadows… simple 1/8” silver stripe imo made it pop nice without being to shouty

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic, Sprint Booster
251 Posts
Just finished reconditioning my interior trim with Magic Mender and installing my centerpiece.

I've obviously missed out on something...I REALLY like the look of your engine bay. Is there a thread describing what you did, where you purchased the parts, etc? I think that look better than anything I've seen thus far for the 987.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Silly add on, but thought that my pretty diffuser kinda got lost in the shadows… simple 1/8” silver stripe imo made it pop nice without being to shouty
That looks good. . Did you paint or use pin striping? I was thinking about doing it to mine but thought it might make it look cheesy but seeing it I really like it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That looks good. . Did you paint or use pin striping? I was thinking about doing it to mine but thought it might make it look cheesy but seeing it I really like it.

1/8” pinstriping (decal) … that term alone makes me think of the 70’s… I kinda dig it.. honestly it looks as if the diffuser is reflecting off another object…. It’s just enough to catch the eye.. the goal

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Maybe her dad was good with wrenches. My daughter surprised me with this history. Last week she asked me to go to the US F1 race with her and her friends. I asked her where did that come from? She just noticed over the years how important that those races were to me in the past as I would get out bed in the middle of the night to watch them on TV. Funny how some of those activities we do stick in their heads. The Netflix series has had an impact.

Reactions: Porsche08

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Maybe her dad was good with wrenches. My daughter surprised me with this history. Last week she asked me to go to the US F1 race with her and her friends. I asked her where did that come from? She just noticed over the years how important that those races were to me in the past as I would get out bed in the middle of the night to watch them on TV. Funny how some of those activities we do stick in their heads. The Netflix series has had an impact.
I’m still waiting for my reply on the louver 😂

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Not sure, maybe Pfish1986's wife has that answer.

Reactions: Pfish1986
8641 - 8660 of 8710 Posts