Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
8781 - 8800 of 8849 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys! Finally got to swap the H&R springs for some Cayman R springs and its definitely much better now, not having issues going over every bump. Also installed some BBS CH-R's and contemplating putting on a GT4 bumper. What do you guys think? Oh let me know if anyone is keen to see the height difference between the H&R's and R's i was wondering so myself before I took the plunge.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love getting new shoes for the baby. Thinking of giving my 2009 BS new fronts of 245x40x19, and 275x40x19 on the pushers. Probably go w Conti Extreme Contact D06 since it’s more of a daily driver. They are exactly 1” larger in overall diameter… does anyone have any thoughts about putting ‘Doc Martin’s’ on my baby. I drive on chicago expressways 20 miles two from work and it’s a little rough with 235’s.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Ordered 255/35/18 f and 275/35/18 RE71RS when they become available through the TireRack in a month or so. These are well above average tires for the street. I don't put a lot of mileage on my car so they will work just fine. Who wants a 4 year old hard tires on their Porsche?

Reactions: Lovejoy

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic, Sprint Booster
284 Posts
I don’t put 6,000 a year on my Cayman, and it only sees rain if I’m caught out (generally between Fort Worth and Amarillo) so didn’t see the reason to get a 40-50,000 mile, all-season tire which would be hard and cracked before I reached its tread limits? Went with a good, although less expensive, stickier tire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The base looks like a Tech-art style… a friend of mine made parts for the NR-auto wings. I have pics of his car with GT2 and GT3 wing. Both look great. I have the GT3.
I also just took off the chrome mounting allen heads and did black.. better
I prefer that style to mine, but the difference in cost is huge. I thought I would try this to see if I like it first, since it was dirt cheap, I actually installed it unpainted and hated at first, the angle was wrong and it turned me off, so I gave it one more try after painting it and adjusted the angle and wow, fell in love instantly. I would like to go with your friends model but spend the big bucks and get carbon fiber model, the weight difference is the main reason. The only real downside to mine is the weight, fiberglass is too heavy, adding 20 pounds to the tail is a lot I think, I bet the carbon fiber is half the weight.

·
Registered
2006 Cayman S
7 Posts
Replaced the AOS today on my 987 Cayman S. Way easier than the videos. Having the etorx and correct clamp tool is a must. I would also suggest ordering the lower hose from FCP while you are at it. I did not and the local dealers did not have it in stock. Not too much oil in the hoses or AOS other than residue and a couple drips. Now the baseline is there of when it was replaced.

Hose Clamp Tool

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
1,762 Posts
I prefer that style to mine, but the difference in cost is huge. I thought I would try this to see if I like it first, since it was dirt cheap, I actually installed it unpainted and hated at first, the angle was wrong and it turned me off, so I gave it one more try after painting it and adjusted the angle and wow, fell in love instantly. I would like to go with your friends model but spend the big bucks and get carbon fiber model, the weight difference is the main reason. The only real downside to mine is the weight, fiberglass is too heavy, adding 20 pounds to the tail is a lot I think, I bet the carbon fiber is half the weight.
It is heavy… and yes the GT3 style is kinda spendy…if you pull off the hatch interior there is a 10lb weight attached the the underside…take that out. Also spend 15–20.00 and get the stronger strut shocks.. CF is lighter but you made the right choice with FG… when you close the hatch don’t slam it… set it down in the resting position and at the risers pull down and click shut…

·
Registered
27 Posts
Car Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive design Gadget Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

On a different topic, I replaced my amber side markers with clear markers on my 987.2 BS today. Watched a YouTube on how to do it and both sides were done in 15 minutes.

A much longer project was putting a gloss black PORSCHE emblem on the rear deck and removing the old and very tired Boxster S emblem. This took quite a while to search for picture of 981’s which came standard with the PORSCHE emblem … wanted to achieve proper look and placement.

Then had to measure and use dry a erase marker to create a placement template for each letter before the paper was removed and it was stuck on the deck. That part was fun.

What wasn’t fun was using a hair dryer to coax the Boxster S emblem off and then to use goo gone and elbow grease to get the residual adhesive off w/out damaging the paint. Ordered a new black gloss Boxster S emblem from Suncoast so it should be complete in a week or two. A couple of pics above.

8781 - 8800 of 8849 Posts