Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
8921 - 8938 of 8938 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Will do. It will be Tuesday once my numeric shifter arrives I believe my car has every leather option that was available, along with the design edition gloss back bits in the rear hatch and dash
It's a bigger job than I thought.
Seats out make it way easier.
There's so many hidden screws.... especially in the center console, take your time!

It's gonna look awesome!

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's a bigger job than I thought.
Seats out make it way easier.
There's so many hidden screws.... especially in the center console, take your time!

It's gonna look awesome!

Yeah, I’ve taken it out a few times. Took my gloss black one out this afternoon.

Had a bit of practice with changing shifters, had the gt3, and now the OEM SSK, which will be replaced with the numeric this week :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I recommend the short throw option with the Numeric shifter. That is one reason for using their cables. Steel cables do not stretch and you will feel the synchros being used as you shift. You might want to order the cable covers as well to keep the NVH down.

Reactions: deilenberger

·
Administrator
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wherever the previous owner stored the car obviously had some vermin issues and the center console was where they stored all that corn.

Had I not changed the console I would have never found that.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic, Sprint Booster
285 Posts
Last Spring I installed new brake pads and rotors, front and rear on my '08 CS. As time passed (but not that many miles, unfortunately), the fronts began squealing like a pig whenever I was in Reverse (but never when I moved forward). Yesterday, I pulled the pads (left the rotors intact) and removed the 'anti-squeal' shims (which had been purchased new for the project. Liberally sprayed the backing of the pad with disk brake 'quiet' grease and re-installed minus the shims. Success! Quiet in both directions now.

8921 - 8938 of 8938 Posts