Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I see no auxiliary inputs for an iphone, the only thing I can think of is the radio transmitters that send it via cigg. plug. I have one but it's not perfect.

I haven't even used the CD player in my cars in years really. Just wondering what you guys do? I've thought about satellite radio but I really like to listen to my audio books.

Thanks for any advice. - Pete

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
I didn't want to add aftermarket stereo components to the car. I use the Canada Drive Safe FM adapter with my iPhone and am happy with it. Sound quality is better than local stations, though not on par with CDs. The Hands free calling feature is useful as I don't like to walk around with a bluetooth device in my ear.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Like Blitzkrieg, I too went with the Canadian Drive Safe adapter. Good (not great) sound quality but my old ears can't tell the difference anymore so no biggie.

A word of caution. The Caymans, and probably the newer 911s, have power ports ("lighter sockets") that are always on. So, if you leave the darn thing plugged in, it could drain your battery. Fortunately, the part that plugs into the lighter socket has a LED - so, if you remember to pull it out just enough to extinguish the light, you are good to go.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Folks -

Standby. Finishing up an install of the following:

Aux Interface Kit - Suncoast Porsche - $299
Local install of kit - ~ $130 (includes enabling by Porsche service center)
Kuda Base with pass through cradle - ~$75

All using my PCM 3.0 in my 2009 Cayman S

Functionality:

Using my iPhone 3GS I am able to:
  • Listen to iPod - songs, audio books
  • Listen to Pandora, AOL Radio
  • Listen to Sirius Radio ( I have a subscription with my other car and home. Cost for Porsche - $2.99/mo.
  • Call and make phone calls (using iPhone voice feature)

Will get back with pix and more info

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm using the Dension ICE and it works great. I have the base radio/CD and had a remote CD in trunk, which is now gone. In my case, found it was better to leave an old iPod in the trunk always hooked up...removing and reconnecting the iPhone was painful, as it took some time for the ICE to find the iPhone. So I use a bluetooth speaker phone when I want to use the phone (although now with the clear engine cover, it's not so easy:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
How is the GPS signal with the Kuda base in this position? I would like to use my TomTom app but not sure if the phone will hold the signal when placed in this location, and I really like the Kuda....

Thanks

Tom

Folks -

Standby. Finishing up an install of the following:

Aux Interface Kit - Suncoast Porsche - $299
Local install of kit - ~ $130 (includes enabling by Porsche service center)
Kuda Base with pass through cradle - ~$75

All using my PCM 3.0 in my 2009 Cayman S

Functionality:

Using my iPhone 3GS I am able to:
  • Listen to iPod - songs, audio books
  • Listen to Pandora, AOL Radio
  • Listen to Sirius Radio ( I have a subscription with my other car and home. Cost for Porsche - $2.99/mo.
  • Call and make phone calls (using iPhone voice feature)

Will get back with pix and more info

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Just got the Dension from Eric and it is GREAT... Not as good as the UAI in PCM 3 but close enough!

Reactions: Machs

·
Registered
77 Posts
How is the GPS signal with the Kuda base in this position? I would like to use my TomTom app but not sure if the phone will hold the signal when placed in this location, and I really like the Kuda....

Thanks

Tom
No GPS. The Sirius comes through the 3G connection. No dropouts. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts