Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car has 27k on the clock and is really good condition. What id you think I could get for it. Below are the options. Do not on think it matters but it has a 20k stereo in it and I am not expecting to get anything for it. I also have all of the factory stuff if some wanted to take the stereo out.

White Cayman R

Specs are:

Carrera White exterior
Black interior
Xenons
Auto Dimming Mirrors
PDK
Alcantara sports design steering wheel
Alcantara Interior Door Trim Package
Alcantara PDK shifter and Ebrake
PDK Trim Painted in Carrera White
PCM 3.0
Sport Chrono Plus
Sports Bucket Seats
Auto Climate Control
Cup Holders
Sound Package Plus
Xm Radio

Aftermarket upgrades:
Clear Side markers
Hoen Chromium Side Marker Bulbs
Hoen DLED License Plate Bulbs
Tequiptment Rubber Floor Matts
Alcantara Headliner
Alcantara Rear Center Console Lid
Alcantara ignition Surround
Alcantara Light Sourround
Alcantara PDK Shift Trim Surround
Alcantara Visors

Full Clip Clearbra (Xpel Nano)
50% Window Tint

Stereo Upgrade:
Focal K2 KRS100 4" component speakers for the rear, Focal Utopia Be #6 speakers for the front, AutoControls DQL8 processor , (2) JL 8" Sub with custom fiberglass box, JL audio interconnects, Dynamatt and Blackhole sound deadening tiles, Tru Technology B6-S Super Billet amp with Stage IV upgrade and Kimber cable with 8 channel independent line conditioner. Custom full trunk cut out wraped in Alcantara.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ive seen R's going anywhere from $55-70k. Some a little higher. Your stereo will be a plus for some and not to some others. I'd add maybe 5k for the tunes and see what response you get.

·
Registered
664 Posts
52-55k

I like your spec but the purist pay top dollar for 6 speeds. Plus your miles are getting up there for top dollar as well. You get nothing for the stereo and would be better served removing it ( seriously, I did on mine)

·
Registered
259 Posts
My 2 cents?

I'd guess that many buyers in the market for a used PDK Cayman R would be likely buying it for at least moderate (if not full-time) track duty. There's argument this would actually be the most desirable donor for a race-prepped Cayman. Given their relative rarity, the R's so far seem to be holding value quite well. White body color is great for adding graphics later, PDK is awesome on track, and the R (vs. S) is a bit lighter / faster. The sport buckets themselves also command a premium... worth $6-$7K currently? Even if the buyer was going to gut the thing, they could sell these very quickly.

Many of your nice Alcantara mods and the kick-a$% stereo system wouldn't be desirable to that type of buyer though. Your best move IMHO would be to pull the mods and sell online... plenty of croc owners would be very happy for the alcantara upgrades at a decent price. And I'm sure you'll get a bunch more for the stereo too.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The bucket seats are a plus. Removing the radio and installing the OEM parts may make sense. Sounds like a nice car, show us some pictures.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
Bookwise the only thing that adds anything would be the PCM in terms of $$$. The stereo - pull it. All the other add-ons are considered fluff. Buckets having been a no-cost option don't add anything either. Now, that being said, depending on the buyer some of this would make it more desirable to buy. This car is now considered to be close to 4 years old - depending on when you took delivery.

Its up to you if you want to sell or trade to a dealer.

$0.02

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
i am not sure if this will help but.....in March 2012 I bought a CPO Cayman R. It had 5,800 miles on it, was a 6 speed and sticker was $79K (significantly optioned). It had >$5K in owner adds including XPel completely to the A Pillar. I am guessing that the folks who are saying high $50's are probably in the ballpark.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
When I sell my car the very first thing that I do is to determine my car's wholesale value. You can do that by either getting auction prices for your car which may be difficult since it is such a low volume car or by asking a dealer or two what they would pay for your car. I have found that at least in my area, CarMax typically offers me more than Porsche dealers. Once you have established your wholesale value, ask about 15% more than that. You should be easily able to get 10% over wholesale for your car.
One last point. Car valuations on the internet don't mean very much since they are purely conceptual. The only opinion that really counts is the guy who is willing to shell out the $55K+ for your car.
Good luck with your sale.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
The local Chevy dealer offered me $60K as a trade-in on a 2015 Corvette. Almost an even swap.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hate to tell you, but I think it is likely worth about $100. To help you out, I will take it off your hands for $105.

Great car, good luck with the sale...if you sell it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I hate to tell you, but I think it is likely worth about $100. To help you out, I will take it off your hands for $105.

Great car, good luck with the sale...if you sell it.
I'll bid $110, and you can even pull out the sounds system!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm a serious buyer and i'd be interested in the car, if you're selling. not crazy about any of the add ons, but everything has it's price. does it have active xenons that turn with the steering wheel? i'm sure we can work something out. email me if you're serious about selling, [email protected]. I live in northern NJ and once drove down to Virginia to buy a car, wouldn't mind doing it again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Some colour on the German market: Bought mine 2 weeks ago, also PDK, bucket seats and Spyder rims, plus PCM, Sportchrono and xenon. Had 22k miles on the clock and I'm the 4th owner. Paid c. $65k and it was by far the cheapest R in the market, all others were $12k more. And it was the only one with the PDK and bucket seats combo. Most people will tell they prefer MT, most buyers will still buy PDK. Think mine was so cheap because it had 3 owners in 3 years which is always seen as a negative, but at that price I couldn't care less. Prices in the US are however lower. Good luck with the trade, it is a beautiful car in the best color combination I can think of!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm a serious buyer and i'd be interested in the car, if you're selling. not crazy about any of the add ons, but everything has it's price. does it have active xenons that turn with the steering wheel? i'm sure we can work something out. email me if you're serious about selling, [email protected]. I live in northern NJ and once drove down to Virginia to buy a car, wouldn't mind doing it again.
Yes, the car has Xenons with PDLS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts