Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Carrera 4 with Tiptronic and 32,000 miles. I am the 3rd owner.

I have a Central Locking button up on the dash and it works like it is supposed to. Push to lock the doors and the RED light comes on. Push to un-lock the doors and the RED light goes out.

But I also have a SECOND button with the same little Key icon on the center console. Four buttons total - the two in front are for the windows, the left rear is a blank and the right rear is that little key button.

It doesn't appear to do anything but it lights up AMBER when I start the car so (obviously?) it is a powered switch.

Does anyone else have one of these and if so can you tell me what it does? I haven't been able to find it in the owner's manual or via google searches.

Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Never mind.

I grabbed some tools and tore that bad boy apart. At some point one of the two PO installed a Genie garage door opener under that panel and wired it into that switch. Lucky for me we JUST installed a new garage door and wouldn't you know it, Genie opener.

I put a new battery into the remote, programmed it for my opener and BAM! My own little personal HomeLink.

Yea Previous Owners!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not to hijack your thread, but i think that button is messing with my remote. 1/2 the time, my key fob wont lock or unlock the door properly. The light comes on the key fob and sometimes it will also light up the center switch you just referred to. I replaced the battery in the key fob, but still trouble. Annoying trying to lock or unlock the car! Guess I need the dealer to look at it unless someone hear has a suggestion.

Lajm4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts