Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little idea for a thread. Next time you're somewhere and you pack your Cayman with an amazing amount of stuff, take a quick cell phone shot of it.

I'm constantly amazed how much I can pack into this little car. (It's my only car so I have to make stuff fit!)

In this case, SIX shrubberies and FOUR bags or potting soil. Shrubberies in the front trunk. Bags in the back trunk. Little brother in the passenger seat. Rock 'n' roll.

(Don't worry, I lined both trunks with plastic first and did a quick vacuum after.)

:banana:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't have a Cayman, but I can fit a 17ft / 2 person kayak in the Boxster's rear trunk :taunt: ( 3 pics )

A second kayak fits in the front trunk.....Just having fun with you :cheers:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
I have a little idea for a thread. Next time you're somewhere and you pack your Cayman with an amazing amount of stuff, take a quick cell phone shot of it.

I'm constantly amazed how much I can pack into this little car. (It's my only car so I have to make stuff fit!)

In this case, SIX shrubberies and FOUR bags or potting soil. Shrubberies in the front trunk. Bags in the back trunk. Little brother in the passenger seat. Rock 'n' roll.

(Don't worry, I lined both trunks with plastic first and did a quick vacuum after.)

:banana:
using your words is it in "good taste" to use a po as a pickup truck;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Being retired I do the grocery shopping at our house and have taken my CS many times. I'm always surprised at just how much I can fit in the trunks.
On a recent weekend trip in the Cayman my wife and I made several purchases including more ceramic dinnerware and bowls--no sweat, along with luggage and camera gear, we fit it all in for the return.
BW

·
Registered
80 Posts
I keep my golf clubs / shoes in the car at all times! The bag fits nicely in the rear with the irons. Unfortunately, I need to lay the driver/3wood/hybrid lengthwise on top though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cool. Is that a blow up kayak?
It's called an inflatable / folder / hybrid. It has 6 small blow up sponsons, but also an aluminum tube frame.

Here's my website - Yostwerks Kayak Building Manuals - Homebuilt kayaks by Thomas Yost
I sell nothing, so this is not a commercial post.

Select the "Inflatable Kayak Builders Manual" at my site to see this type of kayak.

Frame and skin.... Moderator, I'll delete this post if requested. Thanks, Tom

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
My Cayman hauls a Stratocaster in a hard case in back and my amp and pedalboard in front. Have room for much more stuff...and have a Heigo roll bar!

or...

Two carry on rollerboard cases, a laptop or two, a hand bag, a plastic bucket with car wash stuff and rags lots of drinks and snacks and an extra Garmin GPS.

or

A ton of groceries.

or

A floor jack, extra brake pads, brake fluid, pressure bleeder, PS fluid, track school papers, sunscreen, helmet in bag with communicator, duffel with a change of clothes and doppkit.

I also have plastic liners F&R. I got the Porsche ones. I think they were too expensive and not that nice, but they fit. Anyone know of any other plastic liners that fit at least the front?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think I read somewhere that a golf bag and clubs will fit - Any truth?

·
Registered
502 Posts
using your words is it in "good taste" to use a po as a pickup truck;)
+1, for the price it will run to replace the carpet the day you are out buying house paint you could buy a cheap truck for home depot runs. I have an Avalanche for such trips...just moved about a ton of rock the other day. I will be impressed when you do that with the cayman :)

It has a purpose...sports car. :dance:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think I read somewhere that a golf bag and clubs will fit - Any truth?
I've fit a golf bag and clubs in the back hatch of mine (turning them at an angle going over the engine cover slightly).

Would be hard to try to fit 2 bags for a buddy in my opinion, though the one bag fits fine w/out impacting the passenger seat.

Thx,
Ben

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
+1, for the price it will run to replace the carpet the day you are out buying house paint you could buy a cheap truck for home depot runs. I have an Avalanche for such trips...just moved about a ton of rock the other day. I will be impressed when you do that with the cayman :)

It has a purpose...sports car. :dance:
But you can move rocks much faster with the cayman :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Nice. Picking mine up on Saturday.

I have a Ping Hoofer but been eyeing a Titleist Staff Bag.

Wonder if this would fit...

- RB.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Two golf bags fit fine. I take out the woods and put them in first. You'll notice the rear trunk in the corners are almost custom designed for the driver and 3-wood. The bag and irons fit in fine after that. Then you take the woods out of bag 2 and put them on top of engine compartment behind the seatbacks while the bag and irons lay perfect across the top of the engine compartment. I'll try and post a pic later.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts