Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my Cayman S so was wondering what I should expect as a trade in vs selling it by owner. Kbb.com tells me the car is worth between 36-38k as a trade in. It's a 2009 Cayman S PDK with PASM, bi xenons, nav, Bose. The only options that are missing are sport chrono and sport exhaust. 23k miles.

I'm seeing ads online for lesser equipped Caymans with twice the mileage going for 40k.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'm seeing ads online for lesser equipped Caymans with twice the mileage going for 40k.
Going for 40k or asking 40k? If they are asking for 40k then having a kbb estimate of 36-38k sounds right in the ballpark. If you are ebay member then go there and look at completed bids which will give you an idea of what something is actually selling for and not what some seller thinks it might be worth. The other choice is if you have a Carmax nearby is to take it to them and see what they think it is worth (no charge and no obligation) and then you would have a baseline.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Carmax is a good idea. Also look at completed auctions on eBay.

I'd guess low 30's for a trade in and selling yourself 38-42 grand.

There is a 2010 CS on pca.org (and now ebay) with similar options and lower mileage listed for 40 grand.

Good luck,

Eddie

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think that 38K is a fair trade in when you factor the tax savings on your new vehicle purchase. Here in NY the tax rate is 8.625 so that would be a savings of $3277, or a total of 41,277 for your trade in..

·
Registered
574 Posts
Put it in the Planet 9 classifieds and give someone here the opportunity to buy before you trade it. I bet it will be gone in a few days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I picked up a 2010 Cayman S PDK in So Cal earlier this month for $39k (33k miles and the car had a minor accident). You'll probably get around $38k-$40k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts