Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Yeah that sounds good, I only got $2,100 off mine last summer. I assume it's low mileage, i.e. < 500, and otherwise not demo worn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that sounds good, I only got $2,100 off mine last summer. I assume it's low mileage, i.e. < 500, and otherwise not demo worn.
Thanks. Brand New, not demo. Deciding whether to pull the trigger, I still prefer the Cayman S, but if this is a great deal, I may bite.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
It is a good deal but there are many out there. Do some more looking to be sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I may be in the minority but I think 21% off an 09 Cayman is a great deal especially if it is optioned the way you like being there are only about 68 new 2009 Cayman left in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a discounted 2010 Cayman S you might be interested in.

2010 Porsche Cayman S Dallas, Texas | Park Place Porsche

Let me know if I can help you with your search for a Cayman.
Hello, We are looking for a bare bones Cayman S with a limited slip
and 6 speed. Please see what you can offer- '09 or '10 is fine. We
are checking what's available and what would it cost to get it to
California?
Rosemary Spira :thanks:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hello, We are looking for a bare bones Cayman S with a limited slip
and 6 speed. Please see what you can offer- '09 or '10 is fine. We
are checking what's available and what would it cost to get it to
California?
Rosemary Spira :thanks:
Rosemary,

What is a good e-mail address or contact # where I can reach you?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an offer of 23% off of Cayman with $6K in options. I'm probably going to take it.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
If you doin't . . . let me know. :)

I'm in the "getting a bit more serious stage" and there seem to be some killer deals on 2008 and 2009 Caymans that are nicely optioned and low mileage. I've got about 3 in my gunsights now but they are scattered all over the U.S.A.

I hope . . . just as my wife has started her "why don't you just stop talking about it and buy one" phase (gotta love that gal!) that some of the deals are as attractive as they appear.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
2009 base Cayman with a few options. Is 21% off MSRP a good deal?
For comparison... in August 2009, I bought a brand new (MSO/never titled/40 miles) 2008 Boxster S for 30% off MSRP. The car was manufactured Feb '08 with warranty "punched" in March '08. The SY Boxster S basically sat in the showroom for ~16 months.

I can tell you availability of those types of cars (never titled/<50 miles) will become fewer and fewer. You may be able to wait and get a little more off. However, someone else in the market and likes the car will likely just snap it up. At which point, you'll have to find a low mile use or pick through what's left. If you like-like the car, I say go for it.

·
Registered
434 Posts

I'm in the "getting a bit more serious stage" and there seem to be some killer deals on 2008 and 2009 Caymans that are nicely optioned and low mileage. I've got about 3 in my gunsights now but they are scattered all over the U.S.A.

I hope . . . just as my wife has started her "why don't you just stop talking about it and buy one" phase (gotta love that gal!) that some of the deals are as attractive as they appear.
The plus side of it being far away is a good long ride home...:burnout:

Your wife have any sisters??? :kiss:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
>>>The plus side of it being far away is a good long ride home...

Little problem for me . . . I cut my teeth as an endurance production motorcycle test rider buzzing through 44 off these 48 states. Quoting Erik Buell from 1997 . . . "If Court or Fran Crane ask you to lunch . . ask WHERE". This was after someone asked Fran to lunch for Crayfish in Louisiana . . . she accepted . . rode to directly to lunch and back home . . . to Santa Cruz, CA.

I also got the nicest plaque when The Guggenheim Museum did The Art of The Motorcycle. They wanted one of my collector bikes and (yes, alcohol was involved) one night Mr. Ultan Guifoyle and a well known musician were debating how to crate the bike and insure it was coddled in temp/humidity controlled environment. I told them "it's a frickin' motorcycle, I'll ride it". It was a long day, 973 miles, that started below freezing and ended at 115 degrees F . . . and I complicated it by going for a little 150 mile detour to shoot photos at Bryce Canyon at Sunset . . . . but ohhhhhh . . what a ride. Miles and I have always been friends. Location, in and of itself, is not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
144 Posts

I read this to my wife--she was laughing out loud. I'm in the process of bringing this phase to a close.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have an offer of 23% off of Cayman with $6K in options. I'm probably going to take it.
Screamin deal, run there and do it...

My wife was not real happy, in fact she made me find a ride to pick mine up. She has gotten over it...

·
Registered
88 Posts
2009 base Cayman with a few options. Is 21% off MSRP a good deal?
You walk into a Porsche dealership and want to know if 21% off a new Porsche is a good deal?
Seriously?
Are you really looking to buy a Porsche, or just dreaming?
Do you actually like the car?
That's used, year old Porsche money for a new car.
If you have any intention of ever buying a Porsche and getting that discount again in the future your dreaming.
Try asking for a 21% discount on an factory ordered car ...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You walk into a Porsche dealership and want to know if 21% off a new Porsche is a good deal?
Seriously?
Are you really looking to buy a Porsche, or just dreaming?
Do you actually like the car?
That's used, year old Porsche money for a new car.
If you have any intention of ever buying a Porsche and getting that discount again in the future your dreaming.
Try asking for a 21% discount on an factory ordered car ...
So true... Take advantage of these prices while you can, because this will never happen again... Especially with Porsche tightening production lately recreating more demand with lower volume to avoid this in the future.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger today on the '09 silver on black Cayman I have been looking at. Xenon headlights; auto climate control, heated seats; ipod connect; Bluetooth; painted crest wheel caps; metalic paint; floor mats. $41,900--24% off msrp. Having looked at a lot of used ones --to get this one with no miles and a full warranty at this price I feel I did pretty well.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger today on the '09 silver on black Cayman I have been looking at. Xenon headlights; auto climate control, heated seats; ipod connect; Bluetooth; painted crest wheel caps; metalic paint; floor mats. $41,900--24% off msrp. Having looked at a lot of used ones --to get this one with no miles and a full warranty at this price I feel I did pretty well.
Awesome. Congratulations. Take it home before they change their minds. :hilarious:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts