Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 987 2.7 has developed a very frustrating fault whereby the windows have dropped circa 50mm (as they would if you were to lower/raise the roof) and there doesn't seem to be a solution. The roof is physically up and latched but there is a message telling me that the roof is not in the top position.

I had it in with my local indy and he had it on PIWIS, reset the entire thing, swapped the rear control unit with a fresh one, checked all the micro switches/gearboxes and no change. The next day he took managed to get it working so I went to pick it up and as I unlocked it, the windows dropped.

He had it on PIWIS again but couldn't make head or tail of it. I left it with him. Picked it up this Monday and all was working perfectly. Drove the circa 50 miles home. Got in it today and the bl***y windows have dropped again. I don't have a garage so had to go to halfrauds to buy an emergency cover.

He mentioned something about a gateway recall that Porsche are keeping very quiet about. Has anybody experienced anything like this before? If it helps to diagnose the problem, my heated seats aren't working either.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
It changes without you opening or closing windows and it's both windows ?
Sounds like it's from the top operation but why it would change all of a sudden is strange.
Nothing was changed or done to the car ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Augie. It is both windows. The only thing that was changed on the car was a dead battery - there was no fault prior.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
a dead battery can make you lose all your settings which would explain this but not why after being reset by your tech it lost it again.
I've had my windows setup go off and had to reset the auto close or door opening down which sounds like what it's doing
Something in the auto close door opening setting is not set right
Read the procedure for doing this in the owner manual, do what it says completely and see that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts