Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2010 Boxster and I got the original window sticker. It says "premium sound". I can't find what that means anywhere? Is it just the standard sound with a fancy name? Is it just extra speakers? Does it have a separate amp?

if there is no amp, I may try to upgrade to an apple play unit. But if there is an amp, I believe I will need to buy a $900 adapter optical adapter cable - not worth it.

Thanks

a

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I believe premium sound is what you hear when you open the throttle wide...the wail of the engine, the rush as the speed mounts...
It's a Porsche exclusive, honed over years of development of that beautiful flat six engine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And it sounds best with the stereo off. Silly me.

I believe premium sound is what you hear when you open the throttle wide...the wail of the engine, the rush as the speed mounts...
It's a Porsche exclusive, honed over years of development of that beautiful flat six engine!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Is there a bump in the passenger footwell up against the center console? This is the Bose subwoofer which belongs to the premium sound. If so, it for have a power amp.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
In 2010 (and I believe all 987.2 years) there were 3 "levels" of audio.
  • standard (only on base cars)
  • Sound Package Plus (option on base, std on 'S)
  • Bose (optional on all)
No idea what "premium" is.
You might find this informative -
View attachment Porsche Cayman_MY10_PCA.pdf

·
Registered
197 Posts
I own a 2010 Boxster also and I have the Bose stereo but the sub is in the back of the seats (in the space beneath the roll bars/windscreen)there are two ports ...no bump in center console ..on my build sheet the code was 680 Bose high end sound package. So when I here about the bump in the passenger footwell is this how Bose set it up in previous years ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts