Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing eibach springs I had 14.5 in rear and 13.5 infront. Before install 15.5 rear, 15 front. 09 has a much thicker softer compound spacer in the rear.The motosport shop in town says 3/8 to 1/2 is correct. The 1 in. rake now does not look right compared to stock. I have base suspension with no pasm. Any thoughts on this? Should I leave this alone before I do alignment?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Did you loosen the suspension points, let the car settle and then retighten? If not you may have some preload on the suspension bushings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you elaborate alan93rsa more on this please. I did not do the installation.:thanks:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
When you remove the springs from the car the suspension is at full drop. If when you put the new springs in you tighten everything at this point the bushings will end up preloaded when you set the car down on the ground. In the past I have always had access to a drive on rack where I could loosen everything and then re-tighten with the weight of the car on the suspension.

I think a lot of people that refer to their springs settling in a couple of weeks are in reality seeing the result of the bushings adapting to the new static load. This may not be good for the bushings.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There is another thread here on heights. They are quite inconsistent.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Like Tomasz said, they are all over the board: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-modifications/37793-please-post-your-ride-height.html
Regardless if same spring manufacturer or not. You can add minor (one or two mm) variance for human error in measuring the height. But as long as your front height is not greater than the rear, you are OK.
What's the proper way to measure ride height? From which point to which point? The arch in the front and at the back are not exactly the same distance from the ground.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
What's the proper way to measure ride height? From which point to which point? The arch in the front and at the back are not exactly the same distance from the ground.
Check my previous post with URL to "Post your ride height" link. The right way to measure ride height is from fender to the center of hub. I explain the reason in the URL. HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts