Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

What is the best way to search only this thread for typical 2016 Cayman GT4 touble areas?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ledbette 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me? I found the "search community" feature, but that appears to search all threads. Can I search just a single thread? Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
The list will be pretty short.

• 3rd gear failure
  • Shock tower failure

That's about it as far as real recurring trouble areas that have been heavily documented and discussed. It's a short list but they are both pretty serious issues. The gearbox is usually covered in some way by Porsche. I'm not sure where they stand on the tower failures—they just aren't that common.

Maybe there's a trend of camshaft adjuster failures but that's across all A91 cars, not just GT4s and I don't know if it's very widespread—I know of at least a few.

#4 ·
Go to Forums down the page a little is "981 GT4" chat
That's all about the subject

#5 ·
Here are a few frequently-reported issues that are more-or-less common to all 981's: Door panel warping, PCM rebooting, headlight de-lamination, ignition coil 5/6 failures, windshield washer tube breaks, low coolant warning at 40K miles, coolant pipe drain plug leak with track use, auto-stop-start inop with low battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.