Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleasantly surprised by many storage cmopartments that Porsche engineers can think of. However, there is this indentation which I am not sure what it is for. Can anyone tell me? Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've actually always wondered the same thing. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My friends use it for placing their keys when riding with me. But yes, it is the umbrella slot! Wonder if they have it on the new Spyder :hilarious:

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Santa brought me one.

Fits nicely in that little slot.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Re: Santa brought me one.

I am going to go move my umbrella from behind the seats under the netting into that slot right now.

I never knew.

**Update**

Unless your "mini" umbrella is too big. Bummer.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Anyone here think Porsche is buying those umbrellas from someone like Totes for $1.29 in bulk boxes of say 5000 and re-branding/re-selling them for $79.50.

If Im spending $79.50 for an umbrella, the thing better make me fly like Mary Poppins.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Anyone here think Porsche is buying those umbrellas from someone like Totes for $1.29 in bulk boxes of say 5000 and re-branding/re-selling them for $79.50.

If Im spending $79.50 for an umbrella, the thing better make me fly like Mary Poppins.
:hilarious: Oh, I'm sure they have been thoroughly tested by Porsche engineers to make sure they are "N-Spec" ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I hear the umbrella that goes there is tested in Porsche's wind tunnel.

I had the $80 umbrella...until it was stolen :mad:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for replies, guys. I wont spend $80 for one umbrella. I probably will brainstorm some items to be stored there.:)

·
Registered
549 Posts

:hilarious::hilarious: ...and there goes the coffee again......

·
Boxster Enthusiast
76 Posts
Currently on backorder. Seems people can't wait to drop $80 on the umbrella.
It's a nice umbrella. I won one in a raffle. Compact, high quality and fits the slot perfectly. Not sure it is worth $80 but it seems all genuine Driver's Selection products are expensive. You are paying for the brand label. But like I said, it is high quality and fits perfectly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
"El Cheapo" strikes again!

Here's a pic of a Totes in my CS's umbrella slot.

I plan to replace it with the "Jan-U-Wine" Porsche umbrella when I win one in a raffle or as a door prize.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts